• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Ridiculous weight gain?

laila 44

Reaction score
I have a really annoying issue at hand that I currently do not know how to heal with. I am 15 weeks pregnant and have gained close to 25 pounds so far?!! I am a very slim person to begin with who normally has a very hard time gaining weight, which is why I am so confused at the moment...It seems as though I gain about 4 pounds a week! I have a trainer at the gym, I eat well, don't have a sweet tooth...so what the hell is wrong with me?! I am staring to get really bummed everytime I go to the Dr. and get weighed I gained more! LOL...I'm afraid I will have gained 80 pounds by the end of this pregnancy and for the life of me don't know how to control it! :(

I feel as though no matter what I do, my body keeps packing on the pounds? does anyone feel my pain? any advice? if this continues, I won't be going out in public anymore for fear of being called a whale! oh, and my bump is HUGE for 15 weeks and I such a small frame person? the dr, doesn't seem concerned and I don't know why! HELP:cry:

Unfortunately this isn't something I myself have been through (I've actually lost 5 pounds and I still have yet to gain any back), but when my cousin had her daughter 2 years ago, she gained just over 100 pounds during her pregnancy. She went into labor weighing about 220 pounds and when she left the hospital she was already down to about 150...her prepregnancy weight was 115. From what the doctor told her it was almost all water weight!

During your pregnancy you're really closely watched by your doctor and I'm sure if anything was super wrong, they would tell you :) You're doing the best you can by exercising and eating right, so I wouldn't worry too much.

:hugs:

I've put on 10lbs dont feel so bad now ;)
But seriously i don't think you've anything to be worried about if the doc has mentioned anything either. As long as you're eating right and doing exercises to keep up fitness. Don't try to miss out on meals or anything just keep yourself healthy for you and little babs. I've been told the more you keep your fitness levels up then the easier it should be to lose the baby weight afterwards and of course breastfeeding gets rid of about 500 calories a day i think! woohooo
How much did you weigh before? x

Thanks so much for your encouragement girls...I just can't help but feel as though I'm doing something wrong! I wish I were actually indulging in Mcdonald's etc...but I'm not! so I can't justify the weight gain for myself which is why I feel as though I've loss complete control of my body...

Salander, before my pregnancy I weighed 123 and now I'm close to 150!!! that's even more than 20 pounds...OMG...

Thanks so much for your encouragement girls...I just can't help but feel as though I'm doing something wrong! I wish I were actually indulging in Mcdonald's etc...but I'm not! so I can't justify the weight gain for myself which is why I feel as though I've loss complete control of my body...

Salander, before my pregnancy I weighed 123 and now I'm close to 150!!! that's even more than 20 pounds...OMG...

Think we both must have weighed about the same to start with. My friends keep saying to me that everyone is different and some people put it on straight away some later....
I'm wondering if theres a lot of water retention there? If you are worrying why not call your midwife and ask them what their opinion is but doesn't sound anything to be worried about hun. How old are you? I'm 35 so i figured this is why i'm gaining weight and i didn't have any morning sickness at all hence my weight gain x

Hi hun. I know how you feel I went for my twelve week check up and ultra sound and I have gained 16 pound. What I cant under stand is I have been eating loads of fruit and veg maybe a brown bread and marmite hardly anything sweet I too am mortified I cant work out what I am doing wrong. Whats probably different between you and I is I went from 17 stone to 10 stone and I am terrified I am heading back there x

I am 25 wkks and have gained 35 lbs- most of it was up till week 21. I also go the gym almost daily, I eat ok ( a lot, but mostly healthy ). My dr has not been concerned either. I am tall, 5'10, started at 154 and am now about 188. I blame part of mine on quitting smoking when I found I was preggo. Some days it bothers me more than others. But everyone is different, and maybe that is what your body needed? Try not to worry, I know its hard- I feel like my old body has been snatched away and replaced with something really gross!

Up to week 15 I had gained 25 pounds too. I asked my nurse and my doctor about it because I thought that it was just too much. My nurse told me that some people gain most of the weight at the beginning and some at the end so I could be one of those that is gaining at the beginning, and my doctor told me it is a little more than normal but nothing to worry about. It seems to be true. I haven't gained any weight since week 15 so maybe it is just a gain at the beginning kind of thing. I know this sentence doesn't help much but if your doctor is worried about it they will surely let you know. :)

juice (such as juicey juice) and things with sugar like lots of fruits can cause weight gain especially in pregnancy. Also caffinated drinks can do that. How has your blood pressure been? Weight gain especially water retention can cause high bp which can be preeclampsia. thats what happened with my first. I weighed 125lbs when I got prego w him and when i was induced bc of my BP (preeclampsia) i was 200lbs! And Im 5'9.

I am 15 weeks and my bump is so huge. Everyone says that I look as if I am way farther along than I really am. However it's kind of weird because I have only gained 1 pound so far. Before pregnancy my stomach was pretty much flat. I asked the doctor how my bump had managed to get so huge, and she said because from my terrible case of all day morning sickness, I probably lost a lot of weight in other areas of my body and the weight probably went straight to my stomach. I know it sounds confusing but I guess I have gained a lot of weight but, at the same time I have lost a lot.

Thanks so much everyone! really appreciate it!

In response to some of the questions asked, I'm 28 yrs old and am 5"5 so not too tall...lol

My Blood pressure is always known to be a little on the low side, except for my last check up when I noticed it had gone from like 112 (top number) to 132 over like 90 something. The Dr. didn't even mention it but I took notice and was a little alarmed at the BP so IDK what's going on...I also feel as though sometimes I am retaining water although not evident, for instance last night my boots were really tight around the ankles? strange...

Shandra, I hope I will be the same as you and now stop gaining weight! fingers crossed xx it really is quite embarasing! the other day I bent down and my coat TORE in the back!!! arghhhhh

I am 22 weeks, and am not exactly sure what I have gained.

When I became pregnant in March last year, I weighed 146 pounds, but over the summer after my miscarriage, know I gained about ten pounds from being unhealthy. *blushes*

I am very muscular, and athletic, so I tend to be heavier on scale then I actually look.

When I was weighed at last doctor appointment, I was 180 pounds, with an eight pound gain over Christmas month. (it has to be bad eating habits lol)

But, the funny thing was, yesterday, someone I knew saw me at work, and commented about how good I look for how far along I am, and said, "You won't believe it! But when I was pregnant with Elijah, I ended up at 186!!!" Then says I am so lucky I am not near that.

I chuckled to myself and said I am trying to stay healthy. :S

Ugh... sometimes the numbers are just that... numbers. I mean, for me, at 146 I was quite thin and happy... so I am not too concerned, and neither is my doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"