Ridiculous.

CandyApple19

Pregnant with #3, PAL.
Reaction score
:growlmad::growlmad: I signed up for my new doctors 3 WEEKS AGO, and was told because i hadn't yet seen a midwife at all this pregnancy (yup?!) it'll mbe counted as urgent! Ok so i've been waiting since then for a call or something to sort this god damn thing out, and today i was told i need to call her at 1pm, and 'see if she thinks its urgent', FFS i haven't even had an anomaly scan date yet, and they send you them not you make it with the hospital. She tried to fob me off with saying the closest date i could get to seeing a midwife aat all was the 16th feb?! I'llmot24 weeks by then! AND WHAT ABOUT MY ANOMALY SCAN!

Thats awful hun! I still dont have a MW either!! But I have had my 20 week scan (was arranged by a booking in clerk). I would push for it as much as poss as they need to take their measurements around the 20 week mark before bubba gets too big. xx

id be fine to wait for my mw if i knew i was gonna be scanned, ill make sure i get off the fone with answers damnit.

fone mw unit at hospital . and i got told up tp 25 weeks for scan but maybe different in other ares x

Hey babe,could u not ring the hospital and tell them u haven't received ur letter for ur scan and try and make it over the phone urgently,I would,don't they say it should be done by 21wks latest so they may book u in quickly xx

That is terrible hun! As for your scan I would call the hospital and explain and see if they can just book you in for a scan direct x

That is terrible hun! As for your scan I would call the hospital and explain and see if they can just book you in for a scan direct x

Yep, and i'll bet they will. I have had to book many of my scans through the hospital (not midwife) already, and i imagine as its your 20 week scan, they'll be able to get it sorted for you :thumbup: x

they mentioned they hadnt received a 'card' from my midwife with my details on, and they normally go through the system with that, so without it i dont think i can arrange anything and its down to the midwife to srot it out

I went for my 20 weeks scan last week at the Ante Natal Clinic and they were uber lovely - even said.. "Any issues just come straight here, don't bother with MW or doctors" - I'd contact your hospital hun... they seems to get things moving far quicker.

xx

My Midwife was so slow to react with everything, so I ended up phoning the ante-natal clinic at the hospital for the date of the scan (12 week one) and they booked me in there and then!

I'd phone them up and talk to them. Explain you don't have a midwife as you have a new Dr etc etc and tell them your growing more and more concerned! Ask them directly for a anomaly scan appointment, and tell them you are waiting to hear back from a midwife therefore cannot wait for them to "recieve a card" from a midwife!

Then if they fob you off, go in and make a complaint...I'm sure you'll leave with a scan date x

kk i've just called and been told kindly that if i can get my midwife to fax my details through to (vicky) the lady on the phone today or very soon i'll be in this week. If my midwife doesn't calll me back today i'll be angry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->