right question spermies??

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by ThatGirl, Apr 14, 2009.

1. ThatGirl

ThatGirl Proud mummy to alfie

whats th adverage live span of a Mr/Mrs spermie??? we had intercourse about 4 half days before ov is it still possible we got the eggy? i have been having lots of symptoms.
    sore boobs,
    metallic taste in mouth
    high closed cervix
    cramping etc

am i going mad or can sperm live longer than 2-3 days??x

2. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

I think it's up to 5 days (no idea where I got that from though)

Good luck x

3. Charliemarina

Charliemarina expecting #4

yes huns defo possible 4 days b4 ov although 1-2 days b4 ov would have been bang on BUT its said that sperm can live upto 7 days in the womb so that would make the spermies u had were waiting around when eggy popped out so every good chance ur feeling preg.
    now u defo not going mad, many women get preg symptoms when af is just due BUT the metalic taste is very unusual to just get randomly, iv never had metalic taste in my mouth in my life UP until i was pregnant, also if ur due to come on af and cervix is high and closed shut like u say that also a very very good sign as the uterus is made to do this once preg to protect a growing bean.
    so hunny how many dpo are u now is it time to test yet?? xxxox

4. ThatGirl

im 11dpo af due within 2 -4 days LP was 12 days last cycle so.... i think my cervix is closed it's deff high. i can feel the opening but seems to be closed with muscus.. x

5. Charliemarina

Charliemarina expecting #4

hmm babes it defo time to test and defo late enough to although may i point that some women get no bfp till 18dpo sometimes so a neg is not a defo neg just keep tesing, it does sound a hell of alot like ur preg babes but i cannot give u the defo yes or no answer u need to get a test, do u have any IC tests or can u go out and buy a frer or easier still wait till af due and not come then u kinda got the answer just need a test to confirm, if u wait for af to be missed ur great as i can never do it, first symptom past 9dpo and im poas like a crazy woman lol.
    let us know how it going babes but for now it sounds promising and cervix is also very preg like lol, keep checking cervix also hunny let me know if it does change as if u preg it shouldnt really until baby comes xoxox so when can u test hunny? xxx 11dpo is defo not to early but like i say could give a faulse neg xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. ThatGirl

i waiting till monday hun monday 20th see if af comes

7. danni0509

danni0509 Well-Known Member

yes you definetly with out a doubt have a chance of getting pregnant those little spermies last longer than most people think i once before heard a woman saying she was 100% certain that sperm only last for one day lol well that is just halarious :) it can vary really depending on how strong the little swimmers are :) doctors say anything from 3-5 days but i suppose it is different in each and everybody x x

8. ThatGirl

lower back pain kicked in, didn't sleep well last night as was cramping and back pain, temps lower this morning but think its because of lack of sleep, cervix still high, firm, closed seem to be no sign of AF x