Riley born 09/03/07 6.07pm

• Thread starter Becks & Riley
  • Start date
B

Becks & Riley

Thursday the 8th of March I had a midwife appointment where she suggested that I had a membrane sweep, I agreed and ouch did that hurt lol well anyway she said she couldn’t fully do the sweep as my cervix was pointing towards my back but I did feel different after that lol

Later that night I was up playing scrabble till roughly 1am (how sad I am) lol and then I decided to go to bed and I had a pain the usual pains I get when laying down only they started to hurt quite a bit and coming every 15mins or so. I phoned up the delivery suite but they said I couldn’t come in until the contractions were 5 mins apart and lasting about a minute even though they knew about the gbs thing.

At about quarter past 7 when I was laying on the sofa mid contraction I felt a slight pop and my waters had broke, me and my mum sprung into action calling up the delivery suite to tell them we were coming.
We arrived at the delivery suite and I was put on a tracing machine they were getting slightly worried as Riley had a variable heart rate when the contractions happened. By this time it was 9am and I had been up 24 hours straight I was so tired but in pain more and more
I had traces of meconiam on my pads. My mum went to get something to eat as she is diabetic and while she was gone she said she was only going to be “5 mins” turns out she bumped into somebody she knew and was 45 mins lol during that time my contractions had got worse and because my mum wasn’t there I started to get terribly upset and was crying and everything. A few consultants tried to examine me internally but with no pain relief I was finding it so bad, so they said I could have an epidural at 2pm.

In the mean time I was sucking on the gas and air and to be honest I didn’t really like it, although I was laughing and felt drunk I could still feel the pain it was just disgusting lol. At 2pm the man arrived to do my epidural and I was still using gas and air and I felt like a naughty drunk school girl trying to behave, he was trying to explain the consequences of epidural and getting me to sign a consent form and all I could do was laugh at him. The epidural took a long time to work as it seem to be working on the left side but not the right, eventually I was pain free I could still feel the tightenings but I felt in heaven lol.

I had a pessary to try to make contractions stronger and that hadn’t worked, the water that broke at home was apparently the hind waters not the main one so a doctor came in to break them for me with a blue stick thing and once he’d done that I knew riley was going to have hair as he showed me a hair on the end of his stick.
It was about quarter to 6 and I was so tired, then all of a sudden the decision had been made to do an urgent caesarean and I was off my epidural topped right up and I was sprayed with some cold spray to determine if it was working alright but I was getting really confused I couldn’t tell if I was being sprayed or not if it was cold wet etc.

My mum was with me in the operating theatre she was dressed in blue with clogs on and a paper hat. I was told that I would feel tugging which I did Riley was born weighing 7lb 13ozs. After a while Riley was brought to me and I gave her a kiss. During sewing up process I started to feel this almighty pain and I was trying to tell the people I was in pain they were saying “its not a pain it’s a sensation”

I said “Its f**k hurts!!” lol and demanded to be put to sleep and I woke up a couple of hours later with my beautiful baby I was kept in for 3 days and arrived home for lunchtime on Monday.

https://i5.tinypic.com/345znlg.jpg

aww hun she looks so cute... well done x

fabby pic hun! late congratulations xx

aww Becks ive never read your story before i dunno why.. sorry.
but aww = )
Riley is gorgeous,
did you want a natural birth or did you not mind as long as Riley was ok and healthy
cos i wouldnt mind. prefer natural though. epidural the thougtht makes me wana puke

I never even felt epidural i just wanted contractions to stop
but i didnt care how i gave bith being 2 weeks late i just wanted her out lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"