ringworm rash on neck - can i use medication :/

jessicat

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm 11 and a half weeks pregnant atm and went to the quacks with what I thought was eczema on my neck, only to be told it's the fungal skin infection ringworm >.<
Anyway he's given me Miconazole nitrate to apply too the rash twice a day but my Mum told me to read the leaflet incase the doc forgot I was preggers or whatever... anyway it basically says it should be used with care during pregnancy and only on the advice of a Dr... :/ so I Google it and saw a lot of "the risk to the expectan mothere must outweigh the risk to the unborn child" :/

I dunno what to do!! Am I being paranoid? Seems abit OTT not using skin cream during pregnancy but don't wanna use it if there is a risk!!!

I would call your doctor/pharmacy, but I know my son had ringworm when he was a pretty young infant, and his pediatrician said OTC fungal cream was totally safe. I guess it's different going through the placenta, but I think in general fungal creams are fairly safe...

Hi all

I'm 11 and a half weeks pregnant atm and went to the quacks with what I thought was eczema on my neck, only to be told it's the fungal skin infection ringworm >.<
Anyway he's given me Miconazole nitrate to apply too the rash twice a day but my Mum told me to read the leaflet incase the doc forgot I was preggers or whatever... anyway it basically says it should be used with care during pregnancy and only on the advice of a Dr... :/ so I Google it and saw a lot of "the risk to the expectan mothere must outweigh the risk to the unborn child" :/

I dunno what to do!! Am I being paranoid? Seems abit OTT not using skin cream during pregnancy but don't wanna use it if there is a risk!!!

I had ringworm once...which just so happend to be in my 3rd pregnancy, they gave me the same cream that you received, my doc said it was totally safe!

I had ringworm when I was TTC first. I told pharmacist I was preggers because I didn't want to risk conceiving and be on dangerous medication. The phamacist swapped my cream for one okay yo use whilst preggers. Go to your pharmacy and tell them your preggers, they will help.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->