RIP Hillsbrough Disaster Victims

x-amy-x

Mammy
Reaction score
20 Years since the disaster happened.

93 people died in a football stadium crush. My thoughts are with their families 20 years on

xx

Terrible disaster :cry:

Thoughts to all their loved ones
xXx

Terrible disaster :cry:
Dont no if this counts but i live 30 mins away from hillsbrough and i think its discusting how the city treated the dead they wouldnt even put up a memoreal sp in the stadium :hissy:
Its in a courner of the park so no one can see it
Sorry rant over x

It happened in the year i was born so i didn't know much about it. But if you read up on it, it was horrific. It really upset me. There were children there too. It should never have happened. Glad stadium layouts and security has changed since then. Shame it took something like that to happen though.

A lot of people died. :cry:

96 people died that day.

A lot more people died afterwards because of that day, through suicide because they just couldn't cope with what happened.

Such a tragedy and my thoughts go out to all those who lost someone close to them.

Also my heart goes out to the people who were there that day and have struggled with day to day life since then.

RIP

YNWA

xxx

Rip to everyone that was killed, they were talking about it on this morning today, when is the programm on?

Remember it well :(

Thinking of everyone involved xxx

I only live 20 minutes from it and as aly said its terrible that they wont even put up a memorial for all those people that lost there lives.

My thoughts are with there familys :hugs:

it was 96 that died on the 15th april 1989
jft 96

my thoughts are with the the family and friends of the people that died

r.i.p to the 96 x x x
i had my 2 minutes silence at 3.06pm this afternoon
it is on itv 3 at 9pm tonight if any one wants to watch it because i definetly am

So much misinformation out there about this disaster. Makes it all the more heartbreaking, that those families had to suffer injustice and lies.

RIP 96. If I could have got to the memorial I would have done. The Town Hall silence was deafening.

How many times I've cried for you all...

I only live 20 minutes from it and as aly said its terrible that they wont even put up a memorial for all those people that lost there lives.

My thoughts are with there familys :hugs:

In fairness to them: -

Following comments from Sheffield Attercliffe MP, Clive Betts, Sheffield Wednesday Football Club would like to stress that the club is continuing to work closely with the Hillsborough Family Support Group and Liverpool Football Club to coordinate memorials for the disaster which unfolded on April 15, 1989.

A permanent memorial dedicated to the 96 people who lost their lives exists at Hillsborough Stadium, adjacent to the gates on Parkside Road, which can be accessed by the public 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A further permanent memorial is in place on Leppings Lane near the stadium in addition to the memorial garden at Hillsborough Park.

Sheffield Wednesday has not been approached by the Hillsborough Family Support Group or Liverpool FC regarding an additional memorial. However, the club is committed to working with the parties representing the families of the victims on tributes to the 96 people who lost their lives on April 15, 1989

A small memorial is better than no memorial at all and, as a Liverpool supporter through and through and one who loosely knows people that died through family and friends, I'm not going to complain about that.

I can complain about the police, and the lack of justice, but at least there is SOME sort of memorial, rather than none at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->