risk of swine flu, feeling sad

purpledahlia

Mummy
Reaction score
at risk of swine flu
hiya,
now iv moved home back to my mums my sisters here, But shes just got in from school/gymnastics and everything today and a whole bunch of her friends have swine flu,
One girl in her registration class who shes good friends with has just been diagnosed and 2 girls from her gymnastics were 'pure white' on monday and not feeling well today, a lot of the gym girls go to the school a few villages up and that school has in the last 2 days sent home loads of kids.

Im worried now, so is my mum. We've told her to make sure she keeps her hands clean and wash her hands before she touches anything or does anything in the kitchen or round the house. Shes not to come in my room or make me food or anything. Bit scared now...

I wouldnt worry too much. I work in a school full of teenagers who definitely dont all wash their hands as does my hubby. His school has several confirmed cases amongst staff and kids. We have been told you have to be in close proximity with someone who actually has it for at least an hour to contract it that way.

Hand washing is the best way of avoid ALL nasties. Swine flu is just another form of flu so dont panic :)

thats the thing tho, her 2 friends from gym she was with for 2 hours on monday eve and 2 tonight... i reeeelly dont wanna be ill! will it damage the baby? or starve her?

Apparently its more harmful to you than the baby. Just try not to be in the same room as her for the next few days and wash your hands before touching mouth, eyes, nose etc. and if she doesnt develop the symptoms you'll be fine :D

you are not at risk unless your sister actually gets it. She would have to show symptoms first. We are all going to be exposed to it at some point. Have you noticed its not even in the news anymore. It distracted us from the recession for long enough then its not of interest. Its not containable. Just look after yourself like you should anyway.

dont try and stress to much hun, i dont work and cause i'm in a new area barely go out, but i managed to get swine flu at 19 weeks and my oh didnt have it so must have got it in town.

they gave me relenza n 2 weeks later i had my 20 week scan (at 21 weeks) and all was ok.

unfortunatly its one of those things if your gonna get it your gonna get it, but it'll prob be when u least expect it.

sometimes i think its better to be a little bit exposed to the bugs, so u can build a resistance.. obviously u don't want to catch swine flu, or any flu but don't worry too much i'm sure with the precautions you are taking you'll be fine :) we recently had guests over staying from abroad and 2 of them got flu (1 suspected swine flu!) and i had no choice but to live i the same house as them being ill for 2 weeks. i just made sure i didn't sit in the same room as them for a few days when they were most ill & slept separate from my hubby too when he had been with them for long periods! i was in hong kong when swine flu broke out, that was scary! everyone was walking around with masks on and you couldn't sneeze without attracting a hundred pairs of disgusted eyes! lol! take care x

Its adsacly the same as normal flu, infact it didnt even make me as ill as when i had normal flu a few years back. Its just that its been hyped up in the media is all. I had my antivirals and it went within the week was just left with a bit of a soar throught a few days after. xx

aww poor u hun! im petrified of this 'swine flu' and im not lukin forward to the winter when its apparently going to get worse! but even if u get it theres very little chance ul develop complications even if u have other health problems and the only thing really which can effect bubs is a high temp :) but try not to worry about it because u may never have it and worrying about it wont make things any better :D <3 x

There's no such thing. It's just the flu, which isn't ever nice to have, but it wont harm you or your child so long as you keep your temp down (with regular doses of paracetamol) and keep hydrated.

Relax, really.

I wouldnt worry, I had swine flu a few weeks ago and my daughter was here with me every day and didnt pick it up and if you do get it the meds were great and helped the symptoms clear in about a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->