RLT

wantingagirl

Reaction score
Can’t decide if it’s safe to take or not in pregnancy??

Raspberry leaf tea? I think it’s meant to be after a certain point (I want to say 32 weeks but don’t completely remember) but I’m pretty sure it’s fine after that!

Raspberry leaf tea? I think it’s meant to be after a certain point (I want to say 32 weeks but don’t completely remember) but I’m pretty sure it’s fine after that!

there’s conflicting evidence, says online that it’s not advised if you had second half of pregnancy bleeding and a labour less than 3 hours previously :(

That’s a difficult one then! I’d usually urge on the side of caution if you’ve had bleeds etc. I was always under the impression it helped strengthen the uterine muscles and shortened the pushing stage.

It did absolutely nothing for me and the 2 pregnancies I took it in the labours were the worst, could be a coincidence but I'm not doing again this time x

I took the max strength capsules with my 3rd and it did absolutely nothing for me, my labour was also the longest out of them all!

I did tea bags. 1 bag a day starting then 2 bags I forget when. I could probably search it. My gyn basically just said there isn’t a lot of conclusive research about tea safety in pregnancy. Health wise, I had a uncomplicated pregnancy. I had my son at 38 weeks and some change. My labor was DIVINE. I slept until I was hospital ready, due to circumstances more than pain I did get an epidural at 6cm, my labor was fast but my doctors were slow, and my son was out in literally 2 pushes (only because they made me stop mid push one). I can’t say RLT made a difference cuz I don’t know what would have happened without it, but tbh I really enjoyed drinking it so it was a relaxing part of my daily routine.

eta it was 1 bag a day from 32 weeks the 2 from 36 on. And I did have a mild tear because they let me sit at 10cm for literally hours because they were busy. Eye roll.

I didn't drink it in my first pregnancy but did in my second and third. My second I'd say was when I drank it most routinely. One bag from 32 weeks, upped to 2 at 35 and then 3 from 37 onwards. My second labour and delivery was by far the best, natural labour at 39 weeks, pushing stage was short and only gas and air needed throughout labour.

I've no idea if that's just coincidence or not but I'll be definitely making it a part of my daily routine this time around as soon as I hit 32 weeks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->