Robitussin to conceive

mapletulip

Reaction score
Hi all,

We have been ttc for about 6-8 cycles now (and not preventing for a longer time) and no luck so far. I keep hearing advice from moms to either 'relax' or check my CM for an 'egg white consistency'. However, sorry for the tmi, I have never seen that egg white cm. Other than that, I am very regular and no prior history of any issues in that region.

I read that taking Robitussin from day 5 till ovulation can help with creating better CM by thinning it out? Has anyone had any success with this?
This cycle I am also taking Fertilaid and using pre-seed. Fingers crossed!

Hi all,

We have been ttc for about 6-8 cycles now (and not preventing for a longer time) and no luck so far. I keep hearing advice from moms to either 'relax' or check my CM for an 'egg white consistency'. However, sorry for the tmi, I have never seen that egg white cm. Other than that, I am very regular and no prior history of any issues in that region.

I read that taking Robitussin from day 5 till ovulation can help with creating better CM by thinning it out? Has anyone had any success with this?
This cycle I am also taking Fertilaid and using pre-seed. Fingers crossed!

HI-I've tried preseed and my Dr said not to waste the money...He it is not FDA approved and no evidence that it works. My Dr suggested using vegetable oil if you have to use anything. I've not tried that, but you could google it for more info. I've not used Robitussin, but I have used musinex and that helps loosen up CM and does work. Hope this helps! Good luck!:thumbup:

I just bought Mucinex too! and started taking it 2 days ago so I will let you know if I think it makes a difference!!

Sorry I have nothing useful to contribute, except that Chris Rock was right you really can use Robitussin for any ailment :haha:

i use robitisun and it really does help.. Only problem being is if you havnt got any cm there it wont help as all it does is loosen what you already have to make it more thin.

I use robitisun and drink grapefruit juice to help with my cm and ive been getting egg white stuff for 3 days and ive not had a positive opk yet lol

Watery cm is just as good if not better than ewcm! Do you get watery at all?

Thanks ladies! That is a great help. Where can you get Mucinex? I can see if they have it at the drugstore here in Canada. I may also try the grapefruit juice, I heard about that before.

And yes, cm more watery than anything else but some women here say you have to feel very, very wet. (this truly is the only place online where we can share all our lovely tmi things, haha!) I don't....I probably should be drinking lots more water, perhaps that will help too. I have about a week left till O, so I am hoping I can do whatever it takes to get all the CM issues cleared up.

I never thought it would take relatively long to get pregnant, all my friends are pregnant within 1-3 cycles and I remember clearly from biology class that pretty much looking at a boy can get you pregnant! Since I am super regular, have been off the pill for 3 years now and get positive opk's, I am starting to look at all the things that could be off. We are also under quite a bit of stress (own our own business) so that's another things that may be slowing things down. Will try to keep my hopes high...thanks for the tips!

ps. lol on the Chris Rock comment! :haha:

you should be able to buy it from your local pharmacy or drugstore :)

I used Mucinex this cycle and it really made a huge difference to me. Make sure what you buy has only Guaifenesin in it as the active ingredient. I personally would rather take a pill than Robitussin syrup, but that's personal choice. It's the same active ingredient you're looking for!

I don't make any cm around ovulation, have tried both of those medicines and still nothing.. But lately I've been looking for stretchy, clear, shiny cm.. Cause I have never had ewcm, even before my little one... But after having him, I stopped making cm.. Soo... Friday I'm gonna bring it up to my ob.. Should be interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->