Rocco has a fever! Help!

channy3232

Reaction score
He got his shots yesterday morning. They always say it's possible for them to develop a fever but he didn't the first two sets of shots he got.
We came home after his shots and we both took a nap. We went about our day as usual. He went to bed well tonight. He woke up at 215am. I watched him for about 20 minutes on the monitor lying there babbling ma ma ma mammmmmmmmaaaaaaa. Then he got fussy. Changed his poopy diaper and when I went to feed him I noticed he was really warm so I took his temp rectally and it was 100.9 (38.3). He snuggled with me for a while until my husband got home from the tavern he works at and then he got all excited to see Daddy, babbling, squealing, etc. I just put him back in his crib and he's playing happily.
So here are my questions...
Is it common for them to react to some shots but not others? He got the same shots as the last two times but didn't react to those.
At what point is it considered a high fever and I should call the doctor?
Does it normally take that long to develop a fever from the shots? (14ish hours)
sorry. This is his first fever so I'm being paranoid!!

Oh yeah should I wake him up to take his temp, or just take it when he wakes up??

Just give him paracetemol to bring his temp down, and maybe give him a lukewarm bath too? I have a feeling the doc will tell you the same.

I was told to worry if the temp is higher than 99.6. But I'm not sure about a temp after shots. I would give your doct a call. Maybe there is a nurse's line who can advise you.

Well I snuck in and felt his head while he was sleeping and he was definitely cooled down. It didn't last long. Poor kid, when he woke up and ate, I think my boob was really really full and he ate fast and too much. He burped and projectile puked all over me, him and the couch. Didn't fuss. Just looked at me like "aren't you gonna wipe my face?" lol it was a shock cause it was a LOT. He's only ever done that 3 or 4 times but man does it scare ya!??
Then he was fussy later and I thought it was still because of the shots but then I noticed he was squirming and grunting. Each time he grunted he would cry. I realized he was trying to poop. I had given him bananas for the first time yesterday and they constipated him :( once he pooped though he was fine. Just not a good few days for him!!

glad it came down :)
if you gace calpol it may come bacck when the calpol wears off so keep a watch for that , but it is very normal to get a slight temp after a jab ( it is the body reacting to the "virus" so shows his body is recognising and fighting an infection i wouldnt worry too much unless it goes up and wont come down despite medicine and baths etc...
if it comes back maybe call dr just to be safe but i wouldnt worry too much :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->