Round 1 of Clomid

chrissy2be

Reaction score
So far, I have had TERRIBLE mood swings and Hot flashes. not to mention.. TMI: the raunchiest gas I've ever heard in my life. :shrug:

Im about to take my pill #2

I started on day 4 instead of 5 because my cycle was a bit short.
Anyone else taken clomid?

I had terrible hot flashes and terrible breakouts. I didn't start getting mood swings until after I was done taking all of the pills. I'm also on progesterone so that could be the reasoning for mood swings. The side effects will taper off over time.

I had terrible hot flashes and terrible breakouts. I didn't start getting mood swings until after I was done taking all of the pills. I'm also on progesterone so that could be the reasoning for mood swings. The side effects will taper off over time.

I sure hope so. I am not sure my spouse can handle me being any more moody.

OMG, I was a nightmare on clomid. I did day 3-8 I think. awful. Mood swings, hot flashes... feeling depressed and overall sad. The things we do for that BFP are crazy. BUT on that note probably taking on clomid round 2 next week.. IUI #2 My poor husband, I've been mentally preparing him for weeks already LOL

This is my first round of clomid as well. And trust me I know what you mean! I took mine days 5-9 I took my last pill today, thank goodness! The hot flashes are a nightmare! Where I am it's about 15 degrees at night, DH has the heat blasting and I'm on my side opening the window to get a gust of air! haha, we are both pretty miserable right now, but if we get a BFP it will all be so worth it!! I also noticed yesterday (day 4 on clomid) some bloating and a "full feeling" which is normal as long as there is no pain. Hopefully this means my ovaries are doing their magic, haha. Good luck to you!!

Haha Jenn it's cold here too and I had the windows opened bc it felt like my skin was on fire. My dh thought I was a nut.

I cry for no reason throughout the day. If I'm not crying, I'm flipping out about something. My dh hugs me and tell me it's just hormones...it doesn't help lol.

I am so glad my boat is not empty hehe. So, have any of you ladies conceived with clomid. I dont know, I just feel super excited this month. It's the most hopeful I've been in months.

This is my first round of clomid as well. And trust me I know what you mean! I took mine days 5-9 I took my last pill today, thank goodness! The hot flashes are a nightmare! Where I am it's about 15 degrees at night, DH has the heat blasting and I'm on my side opening the window to get a gust of air! haha, we are both pretty miserable right now, but if we get a BFP it will all be so worth it!! I also noticed yesterday (day 4 on clomid) some bloating and a "full feeling" which is normal as long as there is no pain. Hopefully this means my ovaries are doing their magic, haha. Good luck to you!!

I can say I had the full feeling but there was literally no boundary between myself and the fridge, i was eating everything.. Literally last night I hate 3 pieces of pizza, and like a whole thing of wal mart potato salad. THEN i ate a can of soup at like 2 am and a few pringles.. Like.. LORD HELP MY JEANS, I'm sure those seams are going to be screaming when ever I decide to stop wearing leggings for pants daily. :kiss:

I've never taken clomid b4. I just did my 1st IUI last week. The meds definitely did their job, now if his swimmers will do theirs that'd be great! I hope the outcome for you is a bfp!

Oh thank you so much! You will have to keep updated on your journey. I'm not too familiar with IUI tbh.

Smille- Exactly! It's like all of a sudden you feel like your burning up! My poor DH was shivering and he said "Shut the window!" And I have also had pretty bad mood swings.. Poor DH I told him "oh shush and grab your blanket you'll be fine I'm burning over here" lol. I feel so bad and kept apologizing, he's great though he understands it's the hormones!

Crissy- I understand! Just yesterday I started eating everything in sight! I have been trying to eat healthier for the past year (which I have been doing really good)! However, last night and today... Ayiyi! I have been eating everything... It's so bad! Hopefully now that I'm done taking the Clomid these annoying symptoms will go away!!

Smille- I am also doing IUI, did you have a trigger shot with the Clomid? Or just Clomid? It's my first cycle on Clomid (50mg) and my doctor said he doesn't want to monitor me :/ which I'm nervous about. I'm only going in for a blood test to confirm O around CD 21. I just hope the Clomid alone will make me O!!

Smille- I am also doing IUI, did you have a trigger shot with the Clomid? Or just Clomid? It's my first cycle on Clomid (50mg) and my doctor said he doesn't want to monitor me :/ which I'm nervous about. I'm only going in for a blood test to confirm O around CD 21. I just hope the Clomid alone will make me O!!

I was monitored with 100mg of clomid and did the trigger shot. I'm 8dpiui and have been on progesterone since the day after the iui. I've been a mess due to the meds, but hopefully it works. My dh has really low numbers, but there's hope. We may just do clomid next cycle due to the weather and my RE being 2hrs away. I've traveled there 20+ hrs the last 2 months, I need a break.

Oh wow, yes thats a LONG trip! I'm sorry your DH's numbers are low, we have the same problem, their actually so low doc put our chances at less then 1% so heart breaking for both of us but we can't even do IUI with his swimmers we need to use donor swimmers :( so I definitely know how you feel there about the low number! I am just nervous and hope I don't need a trigger shot because we are doing at home IUI (doctors genius Idea). So OPK's are such a key for us right now! I also had a question, like I said I took Clomid CD 5-9... since this is my first round I'm obviously not to familiar! I know a side effect is that CM can "dry up" or even "disappear" on Clomid. I am on CD10 and (sorry for TMI) but I have A LOT of EWCM.... I was afraid I might be O'ing today!! But I just finished the clomid yesterday! And I had a neg OPK this morning. I don't know what to think! Do you have an insight to why this may be?! My doctor said I should O between 5-10 days after the last pill.... it's been one day! :shrug: so confused! And even worse my doctor is closed today, grrr!

Oh wow, yes thats a LONG trip! I'm sorry your DH's numbers are low, we have the same problem, their actually so low doc put our chances at less then 1% so heart breaking for both of us but we can't even do IUI with his swimmers we need to use donor swimmers :( so I definitely know how you feel there about the low number! I am just nervous and hope I don't need a trigger shot because we are doing at home IUI (doctors genius Idea). So OPK's are such a key for us right now! I also had a question, like I said I took Clomid CD 5-9... since this is my first round I'm obviously not to familiar! I know a side effect is that CM can "dry up" or even "disappear" on Clomid. I am on CD10 and (sorry for TMI) but I have A LOT of EWCM.... I was afraid I might be O'ing today!! But I just finished the clomid yesterday! And I had a neg OPK this morning. I don't know what to think! Do you have an insight to why this may be?! My doctor said I should O between 5-10 days after the last pill.... it's been one day! :shrug: so confused! And even worse my doctor is closed today, grrr!

I was told after my iui (by a cpn not my dr) that we had no chance of conceiving this cycle and we need to discuss ivf "it's our only option". Our insurance doesn't cover these procedures so it's not feasible. How did the conversation come about when you decided to use donor sperm? It's been on my mind a lot lately.

I dried up with Clomid, but right after my trigger I started to get alot of ewcm obviously. Every woman's body reacts to it differently. Maybe it's a sign that your eggs are maturing nicely.

Today I looked at my earlier in the week pee test (I know your not supposed to) its blatantly positive. I'm still on my clomid which is worry some and I couldn't get out of my drive way to get another test so... I will be waiting. and continuing to eat.. I think i'll have some spaghetti now. :)

Smille- wow I'm sorry they told you that! :( I wouldn't give up hope for this cycle just yet! How many days after you stopped Clomid did you trigger? What where the mm of your follicles?

Smille- wow I'm sorry they told you that! :( I wouldn't give up hope for this cycle just yet! How many days after you stopped Clomid did you trigger? What where the mm of your follicles?

I triggered 6 days after my last pill. I had 1 follicle at 20mm. I'm not giving up hope, anything is possible but it really crushed my spirits at the time.

Im sorry they said that :hugs: to you! Heres to hoping you get your BFP! :dust:

Today I looked at my earlier in the week pee test (I know your not supposed to) its blatantly positive. I'm still on my clomid which is worry some and I couldn't get out of my drive way to get another test so... I will be waiting. and continuing to eat.. I think i'll have some spaghetti now. :)

Was it a hpt or opk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->