• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Round ligament pain

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing round ligament pain already? I sneezed last night and it about killed my lower right abdomen. I also find I can't get up too quickly or it hurts.

Yes, I've had it. True to what I read online, it actually started when I was 13 weeks on the dot. I find sitting or lying in certain positions hurts and I get stabbing pains if I walk too fast up hills or lift something that perhaps I shouldn't have. Basically if I'm overdoing it. Or if I sneeze, or cough lol

I get the exact same thing. I'm 8 weeks +5 and everytime I sneeze i get a sharp pain in my abdomen. I also have to get up very slowly or else it hurts. Anyone spoken to their doctor about this?

I've been having these almost the entire time I've been pregnant. Called Dr. they told me it can happen at any stage, not just 2nd and 3rd tri.

At the emergency room a couple of days ago (bad flu :( ) I mentioned to the doctor that I was having a sharp pain mostly on one side that would last 5 minutes and I was worried about an ectopic pregnancy since its odd its usually only on the one side. He said its probably just ligament pain and not to worry the other would be lasting a lot longer. But I am only 6 weeks. Not sure how on earth I would be having round ligament pain now! So cant wait to get into the ob to see for sure!

Yes, actually, when I had my first cramp, I told my doctor. She explained round ligament pain to me. She said it normally happens at the beginning of the 2nd trimester, but it can happen at any time. It comes from your growing uterus. I didn't really get it until now, but your uterus does grow a lot in the beginning, which is probably where you are getting it from.

yep! Ive got his too - had it when I cough since about 6 weeks! and just recently can't stand up and still for very long or I get the aches and pains! Its a good excuse to put my feet up! :haha:

yep...especially when i have to pass gas (yeah, i know..weird)

Mine started at about 9 weeks. My OH just looks at me with a slighty bemused look when I sneeze or get up quickly and am then bent over doubled squealing. I don't remember them being this painful the first time around!

I get it when I cough and sneeze bad which has been awful as we've all had a cough for the last week. Just shaking it off today.

So describe for me what this feels like, please. Perhaps it's what these horrendous cramps that I've been getting are...

For me it is like a really intense pain but lasts briefly. I get it when I sneeze in my lower abdomen. Sometimes when rolling over at night it happens to, so I have to move slowly. I'm 6 weeks with my second, although third pregnancy. I think it happened later the first time around.

I had it last night on one side and then the other!! Whoaaaa so intense and this is my 4th baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"