Routine

Clartylou

Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2
Reaction score
Samuel has been bathed, feed @ 6pm and is now lying asleep beside me on the sofa. I know if I put him to bed to sleep now he will be wide awake by 1am looking for a bottle, so I gently stir him awake around 10ish by changing his nappy. He takes almost his full bottle and goes straight back to sleep.

However, I am worried that this isn't getting him into a good routine. Does anyone else do this with their LO?

Cx

I do something similar except Billie is in bed. She goes to bed around 7pm and I wake her at 11pm for a feed and change nappy. She goes straight back to sleep after and usually sleeps til 6am ish. If I didn't wake her for a 'dreamfeed' she'd be up at 2/3 hungry. I think if its working then carry on! I would probaby put him to bed, rather than the sofa though so he's getting the best quality sleep... thats just my opinion though - he probably likes being close to his mummy too!

I do something similar except Billie is in bed. She goes to bed around 7pm and I wake her at 11pm for a feed and change nappy. She goes straight back to sleep after and usually sleeps til 6am ish. If I didn't wake her for a 'dreamfeed' she'd be up at 2/3 hungry. I think if its working then carry on! I would probaby put him to bed, rather than the sofa though so he's getting the best quality sleep... thats just my opinion though - he probably likes being close to his mummy too!

Hi

We tried putting him in his cot last night and he was having none of it, slept for all of 5 mins and woke screaming, brought him back downstairs, had a wee cuddle and sounds asleep on the sofa until his bedtime feed and we all went to bed.

We have tried leaving him asleep after his 6pm/7pm feed and he wakes around 1am/2am, so find the 10pm feed lasts him all night and he doesn't wake again until 6am.

Cx

haha.. lil monkey! At least it sounds like you're all getting a decent nights sleep so i wouldn't worry too much x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->