Routine

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Clartylou, Aug 20, 2009.

1. Clartylou

Clartylou Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2

Samuel has been bathed, feed @ 6pm and is now lying asleep beside me on the sofa. I know if I put him to bed to sleep now he will be wide awake by 1am looking for a bottle, so I gently stir him awake around 10ish by changing his nappy. He takes almost his full bottle and goes straight back to sleep.

However, I am worried that this isn't getting him into a good routine. Does anyone else do this with their LO?

Cx

2. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

I do something similar except Billie is in bed. She goes to bed around 7pm and I wake her at 11pm for a feed and change nappy. She goes straight back to sleep after and usually sleeps til 6am ish. If I didn't wake her for a 'dreamfeed' she'd be up at 2/3 hungry. I think if its working then carry on! I would probaby put him to bed, rather than the sofa though so he's getting the best quality sleep... thats just my opinion though - he probably likes being close to his mummy too!

3. Clartylou

Clartylou Mummy to Samuel, Pgt no#2

Hi

We tried putting him in his cot last night and he was having none of it, slept for all of 5 mins and woke screaming, brought him back downstairs, had a wee cuddle and sounds asleep on the sofa until his bedtime feed and we all went to bed.

We have tried leaving him asleep after his 6pm/7pm feed and he wakes around 1am/2am, so find the 10pm feed lasts him all night and he doesn't wake again until 6am.

Cx

4. bibswy

bibswy MUMMY OF 2!

haha.. lil monkey! At least it sounds like you're all getting a decent nights sleep so i wouldn't worry too much x