Royal Mail Strike

KX

Reaction score
Again tonight from 7pm for 24 hours!:hissy:

I wouldnt mind if we got good service, but we never get our mail til 1pm, and stuff takes forever to get where it should.

my DH was a postman until 2 years ago and ill tell you why theyre striking..

when Colin worked there when they arrived in the morning the post was sorted into postcode and they had to put it in order.
the rounds where an ok size and they got paid till 12.30 even if they finished early.. i.e the harder you work the sooner you get home.

now when they get there in the mornings the post isnt sorted at all, not even into postcode because royal mail fired all their night staff, they made the rounds bigger and demoted everybody that was full time (with bigger rounds) to part time coz now all the rounds are big. so theyre doing the same amount of work but theyre only classed as part time and they get less money. also they now have to work till 12.30 and if they take longer they cant claim overtime for it.

Royal mail sucks. They have a monoply, they charge enough yet don't deliver the service. I think we should have an alternative.

royal mail arent the only delievery service in the UK theyre just the biggest

im not sure... but theres no point in moaning about something you have control over

Most people dont realise there are other delivery services though, i certainly dont know of any other companies that would deliver letters.

It is very understandable why they are striking but people will still moan and complain.

If posties only get paid til 12.30 do they get a rubbish pay packets?

I like my postie Craig-he is very friendly and lush!:rofl:

it doesnt help that alot of posties just have a "i cant be bothered attitude" like leaving parcels in the garden when its raining or putting things in gas boxes and not even telling you they are there.

just cause they are not paid well and have problems at work , it doesnt mean the customers should suffer with their attitudes whilst they are out delivering.

and 2 postman have been sacked after i have made compaints due to missing parcels , one here and one in southampton.

and as they are "royal" mail , they are the only company allowed to have postboxes and delivery letters. unless you use a courier of course.

Im fed up my postman is LOUD and rude ...

He throws my gate open, makes a hell of noise delivering the mail ... always wakes up maddie, then proceeds to leave the gate open so i have dog shite in my garden.

At then end of the day, your not happy with a job don't do it ...

why should we suffer??

xxx

grr its well annoyed me i am waiting on so much stuff my new cooking mama ds game so that means i wont get it till mon now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->