Rubella?

WannabemomV

Reaction score
So I got my bloodwork results today and I haven't been vaccinated for the Rubella virus. Basically my doctor said not to come in contact with anyone that has it. Has anyone else not been vaccinated for it? Are you worried?
DAMN GOOGLE

I have been vaccinated for it when i was young but my immunity has worn off which we found out when i got my blood tests done by the midwife.

The doctor has said its very rare to find someone with rubella nowadays as its not a common illness anymore so not to worry and i'll get the vaccine when i've had my baby. Obviously if you do come into contact you need to see the doctor straight away.

Im sure you will be fine :flower:

I've had the vaccine when I was a wee child, so it def has worn off by now. I'm not too worried tho, as not many people have Rubella anymore, like Pillarbox said.

I thought I have. But I can't ask my mom because she doesn't know about the Baby yet. April 10th we are telling them. Oh well. Nothing I can do except RUN in the opposite direction if I see someone with a Bad rash..
I am pretty sure the Universities here were having Major problems with Measles a couple of years ago. So everyone in Univ was having the rubella shot again. Oh dear. I will stay away from the young ones!

I was vaccinated when i was 10 for rubella but now at 21 it has run out (my body doesn't really hold onto vaccinations very well =/). My doc said it's no biggie really, just avoid others who contract the disease and to have the shot after bubs is born xoxo

I am TTC here and thinking whether I should get the rubella vaccine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"