Ruby Mai Ambrose born @ 36+1 weeks 09/04/09

samantha_sarah

Proud Mummy to Ruby Mai
Reaction score
Well im a few days late doing this lol but me and Little Ruby were only discharged from hospital today.

It all started when i lost my plug at 35 weeks and then my waters went. The doctors held off for a week and then decided to induce me.

On the 9th April i went in at 8am and was induced at 11am. Contractions were slow and didnt seem to progress. They increased the drip until they no longer could go any higher but i was only 2-3 cm dilated.
They then realised there was still waters around Rubys head and they broke them at 6:30, within an hour i was 7cm dilated and screaming for more diamorphine :lol:
Unfortunatley i had some when i was 3 cm dilated so they told me i would have to wait!!!!!!
Then out of no where i get the urge to bear down and the Midwife checked and i was fully dilated and only on gas and air. It was excruiciating and the pushing had me screaming and blue in the face! Labour lasted 3 hrs 31 mins.

Ruby was finally born at 9:30pm that day weighing 7lb 3oz which was a bit of a shock as a customer who claimed to be a phsycic at work predicted she would be exactly that weight....... well creepy!

The next ay we are told Ruby cant leave as her cord is infected and she needs to go into special care for antibiotics, we then get blood results back showing that ruby was severley Jaundice.
She was put in an incubator and thankfully after testing today the treatment was sucsessful.
All in all 7 days spent in hospital was very distressing.

Very happy to be home!!

Here she is girls!!!

[IMG]https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/punto_nutter/Ruby/DSC_0494.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/punto_nutter/Ruby/DSC_0516.jpg[/IMG]

:cloud9:

congratulations lovely story, well done shes beautiful and perfect..:hugs:

huge congratulations hunny, gorgeous little girl u have xxxx

as you well know babe...ruby is gorgeous!!! glad you are now home and can enjoy her xx congrats to you and your OH xxx

Awwww she is Beautiful, congratulations, glad you are finally home :) x

congratulations, she is just gorgeous and well done to u :D

Congratulations!!!

What a gorgeous bundle.... A bit of a rollercoster after labour but bet your glad to be home now. Well done! xxxx

Rebecca.

Shes gorgeous congratulations!! great weight for her gestation xxx

can you hear me... I am awwwwwwweeee how cute!

congrats! finally see lil Ruby! seems like yesterday you found out what team you were on! lol... fast isn't it?

:wohoo: :pink: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->