Rude or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidge

Mummy & WTT <3
Reaction score
Right so you may know that me and OH aren't buying many presents this year as we're VERY skint! (I've posted about it before :roll:) We're not buying for each other and for others we've ordered cheapish stuff out the catalogue and even some of them were 3 for 2's :blush: I already feel bad as it is but we simply can't afford it.

Now, we were on about xmas presents a couple of weeks back and one of my SIL's asked what i'd got my nearly 6yr old niece so i said i'd bought her Peppa Pig Roller Skates....her reply? 'Any chance you can change them because we've already bought her Dora ones and she doesn't really use them' :shock:

Am i on my own here or do you think that's rude? I can't afford to go out to the shop and buy her something different, i can't change them cos the time limit is up and i know fulwell she'll get face on with me if i still send them to her cos that's how she is!

What am i supposed to do? :shrug: I'd hate to upset anyone :(

:shock: how rude!!! Its rude to even ask what you got her anyways!!!

I would give them to her anyways, they could always try to return them themselves??

You never know she might like peppa pig ones cos her fave aunty got them for her :)

I think that is rude! I've asked people for the gift reciepts this year for Josh because we all shop at the same shops and he'll get a double of something. I would give them anyway as above and she can go to the shop and change them I would never make the person who bought them change them

She can't change them though, i bought them from Littlewoods Catalogue cos that's all i could afford to do :cry:

:hugs: don't stress hunny its there problem not urs. were they expensive if so it might be worth you trying to return them, if ur skint you dont want to be wasting ur money on ungratful people...

Personally i dont find it rude that she asked u what u got her....i do this with my parents etc as we all tend to shop at the same shops....That part of it, to me isnt rude at all.

But to ask u to change them, thats rude in my opinion. If my family said they had bought something and the kids had something similar then i wouldnt say anything. And i would taker my gift back that id bought and change it. But if it was something they already had in their toy box...so what?? the gift would be nice and new!!! So yes i do think she was rude.

Personally id ring her back and tell her the situtation...you cant return them, you think they would be a nice gift for her, and you would still like to give them to her. If u dont want to do that then just give them to your neice...im sure your niece willbe greatful!!! xxx

Could try and sell them on here and use the £ to get something else? Though there might not be much time now!
I do find her asking you to change them a little rude...

What size are they (just out of interest!)

Not sure if I'm reading it wrong, but I don't think that sounds rude. It sounds like she's advising you that the little girl might not use them because she's had something similar in the past and they got cast aside?

'One of my SIL's'...Does that mean it wasn't her (the niece's) mother? Another aunt or something? Just to clarify!!

IMO it just sounds like she's saying the girl already has some she doesn't use, so the SIL is giving you a chance to get something else, iykwim?

Not rude to me, but unfortunate you can't take them back! I haven't shopped at Littlewoods in ages, but do they not accept returns or something? If they do and it's just out of time, I'd probably try going back there and say they were a gift for your niece but she's hurt her ankle so she's not going to be able to use them for a good few months...something like that...so could you swap them for something else so she doesn't end up growing out of them before they get used? OR try and find someone on here who'll buy them from you asap so you can get something else? OR just give them to the little girl, because kids being kids she may well end up using them more than the Dora ones.

xxx

They fit shoe size 5-11 and are from age 3yrs :lol:

I do have a spare £10 in my bank (literally have £13.97 left :rofl:) so i could buy her something different and sell them on here/ebay! Hmmmm i don't know :shrug:

Personally I dont really think it's rude, she's just trying to make sure that the present you buy her is used. It wouldn't be a problem if you did have the chance to change it but unfortunately you can't. I always check with my sisters about what to get as I don't want to get them something they won't use or something they already have.

However, as you can't exchange it, there isn't really much you can do about it, so I just wouldn't worry about it x

because you got them as a xmas presie do you not have till some point in january to return them, most stores, on and offline let you :hugs:

I don't really think it was that rude either. I'm sure SIL won't mind if you just say that you can't exchange them as the time is up for returns :shrug: She probably just doesn't want you to waste your money on something she knows your neice won't use.
I told pretty much everyone what to get Amelie LOL I tried not to be rude and just said 'if you need ideas on what to get LO...'. They all said thanks because they didn't know what she liked and was in to :shrug:

thats is very rude she should be grateful you got her something at all..... and your not the only one having a skint xmas its been offers all round for us.... and some people with just simply havent bought for send the skates tough shit if she gets a face on peppa pig is better than dora any way so she will prob wear yours lol xxx

i must admit i have asked everyone what they have got leyla and pretty much told them what to get her aswell, i didnt want her to end up with 2 of anything, since shes only getting half the presents she should anyway (my side of the family live in turkey and dont have xmas cos were muslims so they wont be getting her anything) i dont think its rude at all, unless she knows how skint u r and still expects u to buy a replacement, if u can change it in time fair enough but personally i wouldnt stress about it and give her them, say to your sil, i know u said she wouldnt like them but it was too late for refund...

x

Thanks for everyones comments ladies, much appreciated :)

We've decided if we can't get out tomorrow to go and buy her a little something else then i'll stick £10 in her card and she can buy what she wants. No point giving her something that she's already got and not using :dohh: I'll sell the Peppa Pig Skates either on here or ebay after Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"