running outta time

allyk

Mummy to DD, Preg with #2
Reaction score
Am i the only person who is praying their baby does not come early? as much as i'd love to hold her in my arms, we have sooooooooo much to do before she gets here....

We have a bathroom to knock down and rebuild,(bathroom that has been stripped but wardrobes arent being delivered until 17th Feb!!! my dad is replastering it at the moment!! and a kitchen to repaint... We have not had the opportuanity to get this stuff done before as we both work shifts.. OH is going sick next week so him and his mate can get the bathroom started!!
Bathroom is in such state that we couldnt put baby in there so it has to be done:dohh:

I've got this nasty feeling that things are going to go wrong.. everytime i go to the toilet i am checking to make sure my plug has not gone etc

Am i the only one who feels like there is not enought time left??

yep! feel the same, although i do feel for you as you have so much going on! i know ive still got around 12 weeks left but we have so much left to do! all we have is a crib that needs new screws before it can be put together,and a new mattress, blankets ect. and a few clothes!!! money is tight so we can only buy bit by bit and im getting a little impatient now!!!!

I feel the same, I have 7 weeks left... and we haven't even fricken' moved house yet... :| We should find out the date we can move on Monday but it just keeps getting more and more delayed... doesn't help that I have this feeling LO is going to come early...

i too am hoping this baby doesn't decide to make a surprise early appearance, we don't move house for another two weeks, and i stupidly said no, hubby, i don't want to get much baby stuff until we've moved because i don't want to have to pack it and move it all...
now realizing i will be 34+ weeks with a house to unpack, and the only thigns to put in my baby's room are a pram, moses basket, a few packs of nappies, some wipes and a few baby grows!!!!!
and with the HUGE deposit i have to pay to move in i really don't have the money to buy everything until the last minute

**starts hyperventilating**

so am hoping the baby comes when it is supposed to, giving me enough time to pack, move, unpack and buy baby things.

Im feeling this way too, i have alot longer then you ladies, about 12 weeks but still we have literally brought nothing! Still need to rearrange our room so all the baby stuff does fit when we buy it, build a wardrobe, buy the stuff & get it all up & i wanna be doing all this while i still have energy! Time is going by soooo quick but still i kinda want it too aslong as we get everything done .. as im getting kinda fed up of being pregnant now, in pain & discomfort all the time :(

i thought i was the only one, i moved house last week.... and really starting to panick now we have most the big bits but still need quite alot to buy. with my daughter i was allways picking up little bits everytime i was shoping this time around he's going to be born and have nothing to wear or sleep ahhhhhh think i may need to start buying things xxx

I'm right there with you! We're half way through renovating our bathroom (just cosmetic though, not a huge job like yours) and we are having to build a makeshift built-in wardrobe in our bedroom to be able to accomodate an extra little one in the house, etc. It was all going to get done this weekend but my OH has got a trapped nerve in his back and can't face doing a lot of what we need to do! I'm getting very nervous, I have a sneaky feeling that this baby is going to come early I don't know why and it's really stressing me out as I would like the house to be done and dusted and tidy and ready for when he/she comes along!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I have five weeks in which to replaster a wall in Mog's new room, re-paper, paint, take up the laminate, paint the floorboards and skirting, sand, fill and paint the door, buy a wardrobe and chest of drawers, build them and move all of Imogen's stuff out of the nursery so I can unpack the newborn stuff into there. Otherwise all the newbaby's clothes are in a suitcase in the attic. ARGH. Must make more of an effort to do stuff after Mog has gone to bed. I managed to strip the walls in an evening last time. Just need to knuckle down and stop being lazy.

glad i'm not alone!!! :wonky:

i havent been too bad with buying baby stuff got all big bits like cotbed, moses basket buggy etc.. just need to pick up few little bits and bobs for her, have got everything she would need if she came early except a room to bath her in or a room for her to sleep in!!!! SOmehow i think i've done this the wrong way round!!!! :dohh:

Oh is on call out duty this week and am praying that its a quiet one so he is not too knackered for next weekend to start the bathroom!! normally after call out week it takes the weekend for him to have any energy again!!!

fingers crossed things go ok?!?!

ladies that are moving house have you started packing yet? do you also have issues with bending down that i do??

I have five weeks in which to replaster a wall in Mog's new room, re-paper, paint, take up the laminate, paint the floorboards and skirting, sand, fill and paint the door, buy a wardrobe and chest of drawers, build them and move all of Imogen's stuff out of the nursery so I can unpack the newborn stuff into there. Otherwise all the newbaby's clothes are in a suitcase in the attic. ARGH. Must make more of an effort to do stuff after Mog has gone to bed. I managed to strip the walls in an evening last time. Just need to knuckle down and stop being lazy.

i was like that just kept putting it off longer and longer, am glad my dad is helping as i couldnt do it on my own!!! its just so easy to think i'll do it tomorrow but then tomorrow never turns up... fingers crossed baby doesnt either!!!

by the way i have to say that i love the name Imogen :thumbup:

Even with only a couple of days till my EDD I am still crossing my fingers that I go to 41 weeks

Although all the baby essentials are sorted, I worked until 38 weeks and the builders only finished last week so there's still plenty of tidying to do which will take me till I'm due - the only way I'll get a couple of "feet up all day"'s is if I go at least 4 or 5 days over!

Even with only a couple of days till my EDD I am still crossing my fingers that I go to 41 weeks

Although all the baby essentials are sorted, I worked until 38 weeks and the builders only finished last week so there's still plenty of tidying to do which will take me till I'm due - the only way I'll get a couple of "feet up all day"'s is if I go at least 4 or 5 days over!

ok you win the prize!!! i thought i'd left things late!!!! am feeling bad that i;'m wishing she would stay a bit longer.... but i want things to be right for her!!

Similar situation to you! Trying to paint the spare room to get DS moved, but need all new toddler furniture etc. Until that's sorted we can't even begin to get the nursery ready again... And all the baby things are trapped in the loft as no where to unpack. Not even having the car seat or a clean babygro to hand is a bit scary. I've got a while but the weeks are just ticking away!!! :-0

tell me about it...
i'm being induced in 11 days and i'm in a frenzy trying to get everything done.
When you have an exact timeline of when things are going to happen, things get alot more stressful

i have to say that i think i would prefer to know when things are going to happen... i dont know whether we have 5 weeks or 7 weeks or less?? i am constantly checking when i go to the toilet to make sure im not losing my plug!!!

feel bit crazy and paranoid about early labour now!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->