Running/Working out TTW?

jess31187

Reaction score
I've been running regularly for about 3 years and TTC for 7 months. 2 cycles ago I got my BFP, but then M/C at week 6. While I was running on the treadmill I got sharp pains in my pelvic area, I kept going thinking it was just a side ache, but then I started bleeding and lost her later that day.

I know everything I read says working out, especially if your body is used to it, while TTC is okay, but I feel so paranoid now... I am approx. 8 DPO and feeling bloat/crampy/positive =) and ran yesterday but stopped less than 5 minutes in because I was feeling those pains again... decided to stop running until I get a solid BFP and can talk to my dr. I feel guilty not working out, but I can't go through the pain of m/c again (even though it was so early, it killed me) thinking it was my fault...

Any thoughts?

Working out not only is okay, but highly encouraged. It is normal for the human body, and those of all animals, to be highly active before, during, and after pregnancy. In fact, since you are a regular runner, if you were to stop, that could cause issues with your body as it would derail its regular routine.

Your MC had nothing to do with running, just a very unfortunate coincidence.

I have continued running, weight lifting, doing the vertical climber, etc... all throughout and have no plans of stopping!

I consider myself a runner too, I usually run 21-28 miles a week. I would keep running until you get your BFP and then I would see your doctor and voice your concerns about your mc. He/she might ask you to lighten up your routine (run slower or less miles), but if you are a runner before pregnancy usually you can maintain running as long as it doesn't cause pain or dizziness. I agree with purplecupcake though, stopping could change your cycles and then you might experience an even longer delay in ttc. Best of luck to you!

Thanks! I just got back from a run! It was fine! I have to say I do feel better, it's more of a "what will be, will be" feeling, as I am not stopping my life, just waiting for a positive!

Thanks for the advice!

Thanks! I just got back from a run! It was fine! I have to say I do feel better, it's more of a "what will be, will be" feeling, as I am not stopping my life, just waiting for a positive!

Thanks for the advice!

This is a great way to look at it. A healthy, viable embryo will pretty much stick around no matter what you do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->