runny egg

londonbird

Reaction score
how bad is runny/gooey eggs?

craving them so badly... all the way cooked just isnt hitting the spot the same... :nope:

doing them scrambled- is that okay when its still liquidy/shiney?? ...really want some...

any advice wud be fab ..I normally have daily egg shakes.. totally clueless when it comes to all this!!

thanks in advance

i think they need to be cooked right the way through. i know how you feel, thats all iv wanted for the last couple weeks. xxx

British Lion stamped eggs are guarenteed salmonella free so that's not the problem. The thing with runny eggs is that ANYONE who eats them is putting themselves at a risk of listeria - all be it a very small risk. So pregnant woman and children are advised against eating them as they are more vulnerable when ill.

Personally I still eat the odd runny egg. Poached. With my last I was on holiday in the US for 2 weeks in the early weeks and had eggs benedict almost everyday for a week before saying 'ooops....I'm not supposed to be eating these'

Everything in moderation IMO :)

I personally would not eat a runny egg while pregnant. But if you choose to just once or twice I doubt it would cause any harm.

I had them.. all i want..that and muller corners..evidently the latter is too hard for a man to find in the supermarket...lolll..

I still eat them obviously not everyday... but in moderation its fine :) x

My midwife told me that if the eggs are pasterized it's fine so...guess it's one of those personal decision:) I can't eat them anyway because they make me ill.....not sure that I would even if I could to be honest.

I read its a definite no-no as uncooked eggs contain loads of bacteria which can be harmful to your baby.

I read its a definite no-no as uncooked eggs contain loads of bacteria which can be harmful to your baby.

British Lion stamped eggs that we get here go through screening processed so they dont have the nasties in them. :)

The reason you shouldn't eat raw/uncooked eggs is because of the risk of food poisoning due to Salmonella in eggs. This is a risk for anybody eating raw/uncooked egg but pg ladies may be more prone or have a higher risk if they get food poisoning. As Mervs mum said as long as they have the red lion mark they're fine. I wouldn't eat loads but the odd one won't hurt. How many times have you got salmonella from an undercooked egg?

I think the thing to remember is that you put yourself at risk whenever you eat undercooked foods like meat and eggs, if you're pregnant or not, because the heat kills any bacteria. Obviously if you're pregnant there's not just you to consider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->