SA for DF ...

Farie

Reaction score
So .. I was brave and got my bloods done today, we have an appt on Tues for the results and the Dr has said she'll book DF in for a SA when we go in for the results.

DF is away this weekend in Budapest on a work 'do' - cue drinking etc ... he wants to know whether he should
  • abstain totally
  • drink but not to much
  • or just not worry since it will be at least 5 days after he returns before the SA?

He has said that if needs be he'll not drink at all :cloud9: but obv doesn't want to if its avoidable (he'd get so many questions etc, plus its not great being the only sober one in the gang that's going!:rofl:)
I have said that I would think drinking in moderation would be ok, I don't want to ruin his weekend :cry:

What do you guys think? Would alcohol in moderation be ok? He is taking vits etc and cut out caffeine. We know he'll have to abstain for 3 days before the SA etc ... but wondered that the protocol is in the week/s building up to it?

I cannot find anything conclusive in the web?

Honestly it's not going to matter. If he drunk like that every weekend than long term it might affect him, but not for the weekend and not when he will ejac before the SA.

Good luck for the test :)

It'll not make much difference as a one off. Besides it takes something like 3 months for the little swimmers to get to the ejac stage. Apparently, SA done in March can sometimes show low results due to excessive partying in December!! Which I found quite interesting when I heard it.

Tell him to go enjoy himself as he'll have lots of BDing to do when he gets back!!

:hug:

hey Farie

I'm with the girls above - whatever he drinks or does now affects his swimmers for up to 70/90 days down the line when they mature. Wait until you guys get the results and then take it from there.

One thing i will say, don't abstain from :sex: for more than 3 days - we ended up going a week as DH kept putting it off and the GP told us off! :hug:

i don' think the drinking will matter if it's way before the test but as for abstaining they say it's best to abstain no more and no less than 3 days for best results!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->