SA Question?!?

Cookie_88

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I hope everyone is well.

I dont post on this section much so I hope you dont mind me jumping in to ask a quick question :flower:

Me and my partner have been TTC for around 3yrs now. I had a EMC in Nov 2011. Since then no luck in our TTC journey.

We are now going to the Drs to investigate if there is anything preventing us from having a baby. I've had all my blood work done and hormones checked and that has come back all ok. We had an appointment today with my lovely Dr for OH. I was so surprised that when I waslked in with OH, the Dr remembered me (Id only seen her once before) but it made me feel better straight away.

Anyways, Im rambling on now :haha: sorry lol
OH needs to do a SA. We can do it at home but need to arrange an appt with the clinic at the hospital to drop the sample in as it needs to be handed in no later than an hour after the sample was taken.

My question is, do we have to phone for an appt in like a weeks time, or phone the time we are thinking of doing the sample?! Im confused and I didnt want to push OH to phone and enquire as he is a little embarrassed about having to do the sample, bless him.

So if anyone has any experience in this I would love to hear from you :flower:
Again, sorry for the rambling xxx

I think my dh phoned a few days in advance to see when u could take the sample in. Keep the sample close to body in an inside pocket. My dh did 2 sa's at home but the results werent very good. We were told it could of been because some of the sperm died on the way. He did his 3rd sa at the hospital x

Thank you. That's what I thought. We would have to book an appointment in advance.
See I'm scared of us not getting a good sample there as our hospital is only 10mins away but its a nightmare to park and we also wouldn't even know where to go, although I know we can get directions when we make the appt.

I'm just feeling anxious and want it done now. How long did it take you to get the results back? Did you discuss them with your GP in an appointment or did your DH get them over the phone?

I know I should of asked all this in the appointment we had today but I was just too excited to be taking the next step :haha:

I'm not sure how it works at your hospital but we were able to call up to make an appointment for hubby to do his 'thing' there and give it in straight away. They actually had a specific room he could go in. I just wanted to be sure that they get the correct reading and they told me it had to be given within 20 minutes xxx

Good luck x

Thank you. I think my OH would prefer to do it at home as he is worried he would get "stage fright" bless him. But it's good that its an option if we do struggle getting there

How long did you wait for the results x

Thank you. I think my OH would prefer to do it at home as he is worried he would get "stage fright" bless him. But it's good that its an option if we do struggle getting there

How long did you wait for the results x

I'm sure you might be able to help him along :haha: but I completely understand where he is coming from.

We did the SA test on the 3rd June but I won't get the results until the 18th July along with some other fertility tests we've done. However, if you're waiting for them to be sent to your GP I would say about two weeks the most xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->