SA results - 100% atypical morphology :(

sarah34

Expecting baby #2
Reaction score
I will have the full numbers tomorrow when I collect the print out from the doctors but we had a phone call today to say that DH’s morphology is 100 % atypical.

We are devastated. 😢

We conceived our son first cycle ttc nearly 5 years ago. I’m pretty sure I’m not ovulating as haven’t had a period since December and now this!

Anyone have any info they can share please? Xx

Anyone?

I have been to my gynae appointment this morning and officially been diagnosed with PCOS. He has prescribed me something to take to induce a period (think it begins with N?) and has asked our GP to refer us to a fertility clinic.

Anyone know what this medication is and have taken it to induce a period? Does it have a chance of kickstarting my cycle and/regulating cycles or ovulation? x

Sorry I don't know anything about the medication part.

But with the SA it's not a complete loss. My DH's morphology on his first SA last October was 0 as well. Most docs will tell you they need 2 analysis done to compare. There are so many factors that can go into getting bad results. Most important is to ensure there is 2-5 days between the last ejaculation and the SA.

We just did our first IUI this week and results from the sperm wash were great. So don't lose hope just yet.

Thank you Dream, it was just such a shock!

It had actually been 6 days since last ejaculation, I wonder whether that made any difference? We are waiting for a fertility clinic referral now so fingers crossed the next SA will show a better result!

Good luck for your IUI! Fingers crossed for your BFP! Xxxx

Hi Sarah

I've been told not to wait more than 5 days for a sample, 3 days is ideal
Try not to over stress, DH's 1st sample came out at 0 morphology and we went straight to IVF which worked, our two attempts after failed BUT his most recent sample came at 15% morphology! which is such a bump UP! We jumped into IUI and waiting impatiently now

Try lifestyle changes, quitting smoking etc, for us honey is what seemed to help immensely

GoodlucK!!

Hi Sarah

I've been told not to wait more than 5 days for a sample, 3 days is ideal
Try not to over stress, DH's 1st sample came out at 0 morphology and we went straight to IVF which worked, our two attempts after failed BUT his most recent sample came at 15% morphology! which is such a bump UP! We jumped into IUI and waiting impatiently now

Try lifestyle changes, quitting smoking etc, for us honey is what seemed to help immensely

GoodlucK!!

Thank you :) that is a big jump! Did he make any significant changes?

We have been started taking pregnacare his and hers and will stop smoking when we come back from holiday before our first fertility appointment on 28th. I’m guessing they will do another SA.

We are in the uk and as we already have a child we wouldn’t qualify for IUI or IVF on the nhs so I’m really hoping for a better SA next time so we only have the PCOS to deal with!! If not then we have some savings so would have to talk about whether we want to self fund IVF xx

The financial burden is so stressful I hope you get a better SA
Honestly we tried preseed and other supplements with no luck, did some research and decided to go with it, a full teaspoon of honey every morning (good quality honey) and 3-4 nigella sativa seeds (black seeds that look similar to poppy seeds, a bit bitter and must be chewed well) along with some weight loss DH is overweight
I believe that’s what made the difference for us

We’re self funding this IUI and I’m 9 days post, stress is eating me and progesterone suppositories are no help they make you feel so preggers
Praying for the best!

Baby dust to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"