SA results: need your input

RForReal

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My husband had varicocele surgery before we met and just recently went for his follow up sperm analysis. It has improved in terms of motility and count, but they are still low. His count is 8 million and his motility is 20% with good forward progression. Volume was 2.7 mL and his morphology was in the normal range. I guess my question is, the doctor told my husband he was optimistic about these results, do you agree? I feel like the chances are so low with these numbers. He just started taking Fertilaid so we hope to improve results. It's definitely improved as before the surgery he was at 3 million with sluggish motility. But I'm just afraid it's never going to happen for us. Thanks for your advice!

:dust:

I'm not sure if this treatment would work for everyone, but my husband started taking Clomid and his numbers are great now. His urologist prescribed it for him back in April. His motility went from 0%, 2%, and 3% to 52%. He takes 50 mg a day. The doctor did say they do not know what the long term effects are for men who take Clomid consistently but for now this is our best solution.

I've seen clomid for guys occasionally but never knew what it was prescribed for. His doctor just said to try for awhile and if it doesn't happen, pursue other options. He didn't offer any suggestions or guidance on how to improve things. I'd love to think that we have reason to be optimistic like the doctor says he is. And I'm glad things have improved. I guess after we've tried for awhile we should ask about Clomid. Thanks!

Component Standard Range Your Value
Collection time, semen 0925
Semen volume >=2.0 mL 1.5
SEMEN, TIME READ 1015
Liquefaction, semen NO
SPERM AGGLUTINATION 3+
Spermatozoa, rapid % >=25 SEE NOTE
Interpretation SEE NOTE
SPERM COUNT, SEMEN TND

This was my husband's sperm analysis results. I don't understand it at all, and the kaiser website doesn't allow you to "see note". It must be a note for the doctor. TND I think stands for test not done. Why, because no sperm was found? Ugh...I'm confused and impatient. The doctor asked us to wait till next week for him to go over results. I think he's out of office this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->