Sac but no baby, help?

lozmega

Reaction score
Ok so I found out on sunday that im pregnant. Massive shock since i have Pretty severe PCOS. My last LMP was 20th sep and my usual cycle length is around 35 days. I had to go for a scan today because my gb was concerned i might have been having an ectopic due to pain on one side. The nurse looked at my dates and said i would be roughly 6 1/2 weeks but during my scan, they could only find a gestational sac, nothing else :(. This is my first pregnancy and im worried to death. Can anyone shed some light on the situation? could they have estimated the pregnancy wrong? I had a massive cry earlier. Hoping for the best but feeling really deflated :(.

If you have pcos you might have ovulated late into your cycle. That would mean that things wouldn't measure on par with your last menstrual period

Thanks, its just horrible not knowing. I had blood work done today and ive got to go back and have more done on Thursday. I just want to enjoy it but at the moment i cant, im worrying too much!

Going off your longer cycles and you've just found out your pregnant, you could be as little as 3-4 weeks. Easier said than done but try and relax and wait for your blood work back. Good luck xx

It sounds as though you aren't as far along as they are estimating and before 6-6.5 weeks, you can't see anything definitive. It will be a hard few days but I imagine they will scan you again and hopefully see a heartbeat.

Keeping everything crossed for you.xx

I have a 35 day cycle too. If I had a period on the 20th of September and was pregnant now, I would be 5 weeks and 1 day. Very early on!

Its impossible to say, really you need a follow up scan in 2w. Is no define answer to when you got pregnant so scan you had could just mean its well to early to see anything..best of luck.

If you have PCOS then I am sure you ovulated later since you mentioned 35 days.

My last LMP was September 20 and today I am 6w4d pregnant. I have major PCOS and I was given an injection as to when to ovulate so I am timing just right because I KNOW for sure when I ovulated.

I'm hope you're too early and that's why nothing has shown up on the scan yet!

As others have said you could of ovulated later and implantation could of happend later.
early scans can be great for a peace of mind but at the same time can be stressful due to non matching dates and things end up turning out fine!

I know how you feel iv had three scans,monday we finaly saw baby but the measurments are off by two weeks so I have no idea if my bub has stopped growing or it will simply catch up as that can happen. Im due for another scan monday.

try to relax and think positive. Good luck x

In fact, by my calculations you'd be 5+4 right now and that's only if your luteal phase is a textbook 14 days which is rarely is with PCOS. So if you got a scan at 5+3 you'd see a sac but no baby

I had my lmp on 2nd sept. Today according to my scan I am 8 weeks exactly (first measurement actually puts me at 7+5 today) though by lmp I am 9 + 2. I also know exactly when I ovulated and todat I would be 8 +5. This was the same with dd and she's a healthy 21 month old. I think some babies just start of developing a little more slowly than others and combine that with a later ovulation in your cycle then it could just be that little baby hasn't got big enough to see yet. It sounds like a really early scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->