Sacral Dimple

kaylynn040485

Mummy to two girls
Reaction score
Jessica has one and i was just wondering if anyone elses LO has this. I wasnt too concerned about it as the paediatrician checked it and said it was nothing to worry about but ive just googled it and its kinda scared me now so just looking to see if its quite common or of anyone whos LO has this and it has caused no problems. Kx

Elyse has one.. no one mentioned it to me in the hospital. Nurse practitioner did at our 1 week appointment but didn't say much about it either, just asked if anyone said anything at the hospital about it. Looking on Wikipedia.. woww that is scary! I'll bring it up at my next appointment (switched her to my nurse practitioner who I'm more comfortable with).

Brooke has one too. . im too scared to google it now though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

should i be worried?! or ask someone about it?? xx

2 out of 4 of my kiods have a sachral dimple ..brandon is 11 and archie is 10 weeks

brandon has suffered no ill effects whatsoever from his..it was noticed at birth and the doc examined it and said as long as the bottom of the dimple is closed then it is nothing at all to worry about they sometimes shine a torch into the dimple if its deep to check

i know when you google it it says it can be an indicator of spina bifida but a closed dimple is not a sign of that so please dont worry

it looks kinda funny as they grow the dimple flattens out a bit and they just look like theyve a slighly cockeyed bum lol

Thank you so much for setting my mind at ease :)

Hi girlies

Please try not to worry - if it was an indicator of anything someone would have said something to you at the hospital.

Daisy has spina bifida (it was undiagnosed before birth!) Google is the worst place to look - when we found out about Daisy - who has the severe form - I did just that and scared the life out of myself. If you do look anywhere check out

https://www.asbah.org/Spina+Bifida/informationsheets/spinabifidaocculta.htm

This is the official UK Spina Bifida association.

As I said though, if there was something wrong the doctors would have picked up on it in the hospital and done necessary checks.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Hi girlies

Please try not to worry - if it was an indicator of anything someone would have said something to you at the hospital.

Daisy has spina bifida (it was undiagnosed before birth!) Google is the worst place to look - when we found out about Daisy - who has the severe form - I did just that and scared the life out of myself. If you do look anywhere check out

https://www.asbah.org/Spina+Bifida/informationsheets/spinabifidaocculta.htm

This is the official UK Spina Bifida association.

As I said though, if there was something wrong the doctors would have picked up on it in the hospital and done necessary checks.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Thanks so much for this link its really helpful. Your right about google, i just wanted some info as to how it came about and was terrified after googling so thanks for setting it straight. Hope your LO is doing well. Kx

2 out of 4 of my kiods have a sachral dimple ..brandon is 11 and archie is 10 weeks

brandon has suffered no ill effects whatsoever from his..it was noticed at birth and the doc examined it and said as long as the bottom of the dimple is closed then it is nothing at all to worry about they sometimes shine a torch into the dimple if its deep to check

i know when you google it it says it can be an indicator of spina bifida but a closed dimple is not a sign of that so please dont worry

it looks kinda funny as they grow the dimple flattens out a bit and they just look like theyve a slighly cockeyed bum lol

Thanks for the info, thats what the paediatrician did at the hospital, she shone a torch onto it but didnt say much! Then the midwife said later when i asked that it musnt be anything to worry about if she checked it. Really wish they would give u more info in hospital rather than coming home and googling and terrifying the life out of yourself! Thanks again. Kx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->