Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction

icegurl470

Reaction score
I had an episode of terrible low back pain last night and my dr thinks this is the cause. I had been getting up out of bed to use the bathroom a lot and he thinks I may have popped something in my lower back out of socket which caused the episode on intense pain. I've had so many issues with SPD this pregnancy.. Just hoping i can still walk when i get to the end!

Ouch... sorry to hear that and I hope you can find relief. Did you contact a physio? They might be able to help you manage the pain like give you a support belt... maybe you could try walking in the pool? Good for your muscles easy on your joints. Good luck xx

Go see an osteopath or a chiropractor. I have SI joint dysfunction, normally, nothing to do with pregnancy really, but I do have hypermobile joints (which is like having really stretchy pregnancy ligaments all the time). The only thing that has brought me relief is osteopathy. Basically, what's happened is there is a misalignment in your pelvis, mine often twists and gets stuck when the soft tissues get tight trying on compensate for the misalignment, and that causes pain. Physio will help you strengthen the joints, but that won't fix the pain unless you fix the misalignment, so you really need someone to get it back in the right place first. It's helped me tremendously. You will have to pay privately (at the clinic I go to, it's 35 quid for a 45 minute consultation), but it's so worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->