sacroiliac joint pains advice please

Jane1972

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:flower:

I hope this is in the right place? If not sorry.

I have just got back from the doctors as I have really bad hip pain she has said that I have sacroiliac joint pain & that I need physio & that there is an 8 week wait for this. She said in the mean time stay active, but as this week has been goig on its been getting worse & hurts even to walk.

Has anyone else had this & what did they do, any tips?

Is it worth paying to see a physio pretty skint but in a bit of pain:cry:

I've had it (not in pregnancy though) It is bloody painful! It is also a very hard area to treat as the sacroilliac joint isnt really a joint at all, it doesnt bend like a knee or elbow does! As you are pregnant, the ligaments around the joint will be lax, which is causing it to move too much, hence the pain

Keeping active does help - dont allow yourself to stiffen up. I had intensive physio but in the meantime, if it gets very painful, ice will help. Dont use heat as this aggravates it. a TENS unit could be of use to you as well, if its ok with your doctor

x

Thank you for the quick reply just spoke to hubby & he said I can have physio as my christmas pressie! bless him think he has been stuck on what to get for me.

you could buy a Serola SI belt to provide extra support (I have one but am also on crutches :( )

there is a thread in 'pregnancy club' called SPD/PGP support thread where you will be able to chat with others who are in a similar situation to you :hug: xx

Thanks Nicky I will look into the belt and pop over to that thread thanks hun

Sorry to hear your on crutches nicky have you been on them long?

Sorry to hear that u have such a long wait.

Definitely invest in a a belt I have the serola one & its the first thing I put on in a morning & last thing I take off @ night.

As Nicky said there is a thread in pregnancy club on this.

As to keeping active don't over do it. Make sure you do things like keeping legs together getting in & out of car.

There is a limit to what the physios can do.

If walking becomes difficult they can give you crutches to help.

Also when going up stairs take it one step @ a time.

Hope it doesn't get too bad.:hugs:

just google Serola belt and it will give you a list of physio suppliers (it costs about £35) xx

Sorry to hear your on crutches nicky have you been on them long?

Ive only been on crutches for a week but my pain started at around 16wks and got gradually worse up until the point where I could hardly walk :( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->