Sad at familys response to number 4 :(

bubbamadness

Reaction score
We told family last weekend, but the response has been so negative :shrug: My Mums response was 'oh no!' Why? expecting a baby is a wonderful thing, why is it that after number 2 the response is so bad. I look after and take care of my kids, not them. They are happy and healthy, so why be so mean about it? I'm always happy for anyone who tells me that they are pregnant. Sorry, fed up and just needed a rant :wacko:

I understand girly- I may not have more than 2, but this one is super soon after my first and my mom is going to give me hell. She always made fun of my cousin for having her kids so close. This will be my husbands 4th and every time I mention that, people give such odd responses. Like "oh.. So he wants another?" Or "geeze, he's a busy man" sometimes I want to just tell everyone to hush up :p

Adding to that- as long as our kids are safe and loved- who the heck should care what we do?! >_<

This is my 3rd.... I didn't even get a congratulations from my own mom and best friend and there's absolutely no reAson they should be negative ....it's very disturbing .... Makes me want to hold a grudge ..... I hate that feeling!

I agree! This will be my third, but we plan on having at least 4. My best friend posted on Facebook when she was having #5 and some responses were like, "are you kidding me?!" and stuff like that. Her husband has a great job, she is a stay at home mom, they don't receive welfare, etc...so why should anyone else care??

We are trying for number 4 and not told anyone, we had some horrid comments after number 3, none of their business, hubbys got a fab job, we have space and im a sahm, as long as our babies are loved safe and looked after, negative people can go do a running jump! Xxx

Number 5 here and quite frankly I dont give a cramp of what others think..my mom did the whole..ohhhh how are you going to do this etc etc..I said you know what it's not a shock to you we said we wanted one more..we were just blessed sooner then we thought and I would appreciate any opinions that are negative to be kept to yourselves...we are happy so take that lol

Ive had this too we have 3 girls and everyone has said oh you will be having another girl so don't know why your having another etc im like park your nose in someone elses business its not welcome here x

People just don't usually have more than 2, 3 at the most nowadays. That's not to say they should've been rude w/ their responses though.
Just think some people see anything after 2 as having to be an accident or unwanted.
Anyway, it's a shame that they can't be happy for you. It's their loss if they want to be all negative.

I'm pregnant with #5 and my best friend is no longer talking to me because I'm continuing the pregnancy .My other 4 children are happy, healthy and well cared for and we don't struggle at all. It makes me feel sad that I'm not supported by the one person who I've been there to support 100% of the time regardless of the issue.

Aww, sorry to hear that your friend is being so silly. It's the last thing we need when we're in early pregnancy, we have enough to worry about as it is. But never mind, like you have all said, we have jobs, love and care for our kids, so everyone who doesnt approve can stick there opinions up there bum, lol :haha:

Thank you all for reading and responding to my rant xxx

Yeah I've had some negative comments my mum was happy it's my decision end of the day and she doesn't give her opinion my husband has a good job I'm a full time sahm never ask anyone for anything but my grandmother thinks I'm crazy thinks it's too soon after my last son and that I won't cope why do I need 3?? This is coming from the woman with 3 kids herself and has only 12 months one week between my mum and uncle I give up!!

Sorry to hear that. My sister had 4boys and got that allot combined with are you sad you didn't have a girl. It's just rude.

I think they are all secretly jealous. Truly. If you can afford it, you have the special mom abilities to raise and be thrilled about it, and your kids have everything they need or want and happy and well taken care of then wtf is the big issue. Why and how can there be any negativity. I truly think its jealousy.

I'm pg with #5, and the reactions were mixed. My mil said " are u kidding"? Fortunately , my side has been excited, except for maybe my dad. He didn't say anything, just kinda put his face in his hands, lol. I am blessed, though, cause even the ones who don't necessarily " agree " , are really good about just getting on with it and being supportive. We still haven't announced on FB, at some point we probably will, but I figure if we don't, oh well!!!

We told family last weekend, but the response has been so negative :shrug: My Mums response was 'oh no!' Why? expecting a baby is a wonderful thing, why is it that after number 2 the response is so bad. I look after and take care of my kids, not them. They are happy and healthy, so why be so mean about it? I'm always happy for anyone who tells me that they are pregnant. Sorry, fed up and just needed a rant :wacko:

Hugs this is baby no.5 for us and family have only ever been happy with our 1st pregnancy. Particularly my mil. We aren't telling a soul this time round. Any pregnancy news is staying within babyandbump and on my private blog. I just know the sort of reactions we'll get and its just not worth it. Our last baby so I want to enjoy it.

Hopefully your family will come around to the idea soon enough. x

It's nice to hear from other mums of many! I am 5+ weeks pregnant with no4 and so far we have only told my mum, who was pleased for us and actually told us to stick the negative opinions from others! Not telling anyone else until it starts showing and people have to ask. I think people expect it because we had 3 under 3 and we always said we wanted 5... Yet they still seem exasperated and shocked when we tell them we are expecting no 2/3 etc! I am happy for us and so is my husband and that is really all that matters. And I know our kids will love the new addition too xxx

I'm sorry you ladies are having such a hard time, I'm lucky enough to have a great support system on both sides that are excited for us! But where we live 3+ is pretty normal! I'm currently preg with my 4th and last! But big families are on my whole side. My great grams had 12, my grams had 5, my mom had 5 and my grams on my dad's side had 4. My mom currently has 15 grand kids 16 when this one is born and my youngest brother just started having kids!

I'm pregnant with #5 and my best friend is no longer talking to me because I'm continuing the pregnancy .My other 4 children are happy, healthy and well cared for and we don't struggle at all. It makes me feel sad that I'm not supported by the one person who I've been there to support 100% of the time regardless of the issue.

I had the same with my best friend when pregnant with no.4. She blocked me on a social site and I found out from a mutual friend that she thought I was selfish for having another and that I wasn't thinking about my other children. She then tried to apologise and when I refused to accept her apology her mum sent me a rather nasty email. That was it after that I cut her completely from my life despite her trying several times to be my friend again. I don't need negative people like that in my life. Myself and my husband figured out that she was just jealous and couldn't cope with our happy news. Its another reason why we will be keeping this pregnancy to ourselves. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->