Sad... Disappointed and NEVER buying FRER tests again!!

zoe2010

Reaction score
So I need to vent a little bit here... First of all I was so optimistic about this past month. I was almost 99% sure I was pregnant. I went into the month of April bound and determined to get pregnant. Two very good friends of mine announced to me that they were expecting after not even trying and I have to admit I was very jealous (I need to work on this) :(

This was out 4th cycle, and I feel like I had done everything correctly. We dtd twice the day before o, and once 2 days before o. I was sure I was pregnant! Sore boobs, metallic taste in mouth and many other notable symptoms (I don't know why I do this to myself every single month)

I tested at 10DPO with a FRER and was almost certain I saw a very faint second line. I thought omg yay maybe this really is it! Tested again on 12DPO and this time I watched as the urine went across the window. Immediately saw two lines, however the 2nd line began to slowly fade and after about ten minutes there was nothing there.

To my surprise my AF showed her ugly face yesterday afternoon at 14DPO (2 days EARLY) What the heck?!? So I started doing some research into the new curved FRERs and disappearing lines. You guys this is apparently a common occurrence...

So I decided to use my last one this morning knowing it was going to be negative, but I wanted to see if the same thing happened with the faint line... and guess what??? I held it in my hand and watched as the urine flowed across the test window. Two pink lines!! And I decided to keep watching as the line slowly faded away once again. Has anyone else had this happen to them??

Ugh I am so annoyed and just down in the dumps today. Feel free to join me on this vent thread haha

I've had that too, earlier this month when I thought I'd ovulated but hadn't. Got my hopes up so much :(

I'm so sorry this happened. I keep reading bad things about the FRER and the digital tests. :hugs:

I'm so sorry this happened. I keep reading bad things about the FRER and the digital tests. :hugs:

They are terrible!! You hear about people who watch the test line show up before the control line, and that is what happened each time with each FRER I took. And it had pink to it! So disheartening :(

Aww hun I used the other first response ones and they were the best but ive had ic ones do this to me and i was gutted! Im sorry that you have had people around you fall pregnant first. Its hard!! Me andoh started ttc in jan 2014 in march 2014 his cousin put her 3 months scan up and his sister the following month had ivf in feb and fell pregnant and that put her 2 months behind is cousin. I then finally fell pregnant and found out in june 2014. I was last. But life is just that way. Sadly his cousin has lost 2 pregnancys at 12 weeks and 8 weeks in the last 6 months. She really wants another baby and i feel so bad for her and wish so badly she can fall pregnant and have a successful pregnancy. His sister cant have children anymore as ivf and age is a factor. I am currently blessed at 6 and half weeks pregnant with baby number two.... Even though its easy to get upset its taking that little longer you will get there! The baby you get will be your everything and every mummy has there own battles to have a baby so you are not alone!!

As for symptoms it did sound like your body was telling you that pregnancy had happened. Could of been a chemical? Ive had them a light test followed by a negative. Messed up period starting at a random time could also be a sign. Te metallic taste is something i always get before a bfp. Always in chemicals and successful pregnancies.

You will get there keep going my lovely xx

Aww hun I used the other first response ones and they were the best but ive had ic ones do this to me and i was gutted! Im sorry that you have had people around you fall pregnant first. Its hard!! Me andoh started ttc in jan 2014 in march 2014 his cousin put her 3 months scan up and his sister the following month had ivf in feb and fell pregnant and that put her 2 months behind is cousin. I then finally fell pregnant and found out in june 2014. I was last. But life is just that way. Sadly his cousin has lost 2 pregnancys at 12 weeks and 8 weeks in the last 6 months. She really wants another baby and i feel so bad for her and wish so badly she can fall pregnant and have a successful pregnancy. His sister cant have children anymore as ivf and age is a factor. I am currently blessed at 6 and half weeks pregnant with baby number two.... Even though its easy to get upset its taking that little longer you will get there! The baby you get will be your everything and every mummy has there own battles to have a baby so you are not alone!!

As for symptoms it did sound like your body was telling you that pregnancy had happened. Could of been a chemical? Ive had them a light test followed by a negative. Messed up period starting at a random time could also be a sign. Te metallic taste is something i always get before a bfp. Always in chemicals and successful pregnancies.

You will get there keep going my lovely xx

Awe thank you for that sweet response :)

I'm so sorry about your experience! I always used FR in the past when they had the old design, but now I'm wondering if I should switch to something else now. Does anyone have good experiences with other brands?

My FRERs did this but the line wasn't pink. It was the indent line, it was as clear as day and initially I thought because I hadn't seen this before on a FRER (and these are the flat type), that perhaps the line would start to turn pink but instead, same as yourself, it disappeared after about ten minutes.
I don't know what they have done to them, but I can't rely on them anymore.
To add, before, a few years ago, if there was a line there it would turn pink and was positive. I didn't see any line indent or otherwise that didn't turn properly positive and mean positive and stay positive until recently. That's why at first I thought it would turn pink

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->