Sad for LO

bluehorse

Mummy to Grace and Rowan
Reaction score
So I took Grace for a picnic in the park this lunch time but she didn't eat very much... was far more interested in watching all the little children playing in the fountains. Some of them were younger than her...

One lady with her little girl said 'Look at the baby, she wants to play but can't because she's too little'.
The little girl turned out to be younger than Grace. :cry:

Huh? Why couldn't grace play? Cos she isn't walking yet?

I'm a little confused as well.

If she couldn't play because she can't walk yet don't worry about it, William can't walk yet. It doesn't stop him having fun though. It may have been she just wanted to watch the other children for a while, most little ones find other children fascinating.

Ben can't walk doesn't stop him playing in the park!
He's faster than most of the other children who can walk :)

She was maybe just enjoying watching them. Don't worry xx

Awwwe, if its becaue she's not walking, she can still play. Next time how about dipping her feet in the fountain or letting her splash her hands in. Is she cruising? Maybe she can stand up and hang onto the fountain and be next to the other kids.

Thanks ladies! She still doesn't stand, not even with me holding her waist! And it was concrete so she found it hard on her knees for crawling. I did hold her next to it and let her splash her feet and put her hands in.... You are right she proberly did enjoy just watching the others... she'll be in there next Summer and I'm sure she won't remember not being able to play!

Jacob is 20 months old and he's still not walking, I took him to the Docs around Grace's age and she referred him to a consultant who referred him to physio, he has now had 4 sessions and he is doing great as up until then, he couldn't stand either and seemed to be in pain if we tried, he wouldn't put any weight on his wee legs at all. I would say if Grace is like this too, maybe you should take her to the Dr too as they physio has really helped. Like you I also feel like we are missing out as all the other babies Jacob's age have been doing all these things for months now, he just goes about on his knees and his skin there is so hard from this :( but I am so happy to see him progress and to watch him pull himself up at the sofa now and step along it a little is the most amazing thing in the world, even if he is a bit later than most x

Aww hun, Daisy doesn't walk either. Every single baby at her gym class is walking now apart from her and she's the eldest. She can physically do it but she won't do it. I bet your LO really enjoyed watching the others playing and it won't be long until she's joining in too.

:hugs: Sounds like she was more than happy just being out and about :flower: and you will probably be chasing after her before you know it!

Abigail was like this for ages and i remember having exactly the same experience at the park when all her friends were running around and she was crawling behind :(
I felt horrible about it at the time but looking back it was me who was bothered, not her. Oneday she just decided to walk and now she walks everywhere but it seemed to take forever!

My DD is almost 1 and doesn't even crawl. She doesn't mind in the least - I think she just doens't feel the need to yet! And she's perfectly happy to watch other babies, to her that's fun in itself.

Don't be sad for her, bluehorse, she's probably perfectly content.

Abigail was like this for ages and i remember having exactly the same experience at the park when all her friends were running around and she was crawling behind :(
I felt horrible about it at the time but looking back it was me who was bothered, not her. Oneday she just decided to walk and now she walks everywhere but it seemed to take forever!

I was about to say that too. Amelie was 17m when she first walked and looking back it was me who was frustrated, not her.

I'm sure she loved just watching, before Douglas was walking he loved sitting with me watching other kids play, he was fascinated by it. He still does love watching the bigger kids playing, but now he's busy running around playing too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->