Sad - putting away small baby clothes

xLaura

Reaction score
I've been putting off sorting through his clothes for ages simply because I can't come to terms how fast he's growing. It makes me so sad seeing all there's little cute clothes what I loved dressing him In become too small and have to put them away :(

Does anyone else get like this? Or am I just being weird? My mum doesn't get why I wouldn't pack them away. But yeah I've finally made myself do it, I feel better in the fact I haven't got clothes everywhere but sad aswell.

I'm the same way! I do save my favorite outfit from each size to keep. They get big so quickly!

Me too! I hate when it's time to clear out the clothes that are too small. I even hate doing it with DS, who is 17 months. I have to admit I haven't actually thrown ANYTHING out.. It's all in my mums attic. My dad keeps nagging at me to get rid but I just can't bring myself to throw it away for good. X

Everytime I put something away they have grown out of I want to cry!

I dont mind putting them in bags then into a cupboard or whatever, but i dont think i could bring myself to throw them away completely/sell them :nope:
My OH nags me to chuck them out, but i use the excuse that im saving them for the next baby :thumbup:

ETA: I've been known to go into the cupboard and look through them from time to time haha! I pulled out a newborn top the other day that used to be huge on him to do a comparison with one of his tops now :haha: The difference is shocking! I dont remember him being that tiny!

It makes me sad looking at her tiny clothes makes me even worse Cos we don't plan on having any more children so Iam never gonna have a baby that small ever again!:( x

Aww, it makes me cry. But my LO is still so small I've not had to do this since she was around 7 months old!

Funny I put this as my status on Facebook last night as I was so sad!! It's an old cliche but time really does fly :cry:

I've just sent 5 of my favourite of Aimee's small baby grows away to be made into a teddy bear so at least they are going to be used in a good way and I can tell her about them when she's old enough to understand :D

Funny I put this as my status on Facebook last night as I was so sad!! It's an old cliche but time really does fly :cry:

I've just sent 5 of my favourite of Aimee's small baby grows away to be made into a teddy bear so at least they are going to be used in a good way and I can tell her about them when she's old enough to understand :D

Awww that's a really cute idea. I've just bagged all mine duno what I'm going do with them my boyfriend wants me sell them but I can't part with them. Might just keep them incase we have another boy :p

Just noticed your LO is a day older than mine :)

Katerpillar that teddy bear idea sounds really sweet. I've separated some of the more dainty outfits for when/if my LO plays with dolls so she can dress them up. The rest I reluctantly folded and stored away. OH wanted to sell them, but I want to save them in case we have another/my sister gets pregnant.

The "outfit" that gets me the most is her very first sleepsack. She only wore it for the first week, it was a tiny full sleeve newborn one, white. When I see it I remember how beautiful that first week was, just the three of us, before the stresses of bills and work and inlaws caught up with us.

There are so many beautiful stages and ages to enjoy though so I don't get too sad about it :)

I thought I would be sadder than I have been when he has grown out of things. I'm comforted in the fact each day, he seems to get better and better! He does something new or achieves a new goal. Growing is great, even if it is fast. I have a couple of special keepsake boxes and have added his first outfit worn in hospital, an outfit his dad loved and I will add my own favourite item of clothing in time to keep the special memories. It is shocking when an outfit is worn perhaps only once or twice though! With my laundry record by the time it's washed he's grown!!!

Sorry to hijack your thread OP

Could you PM me with where you are getting this done pls hun? x

Ugh, I did this just recently too. I packed all his 00000 and 0000 sized clothes into a box but I can't sell or get rid of them. There could always be another blue surprise in the future ;)

I'm always tearful when I have to put small size clothes away. So many memories. I'm saving everything because I would like another baby.

I'v put a bag full away already :( growing too quick! ;(

Sorry to hijack your thread OP

Could you PM me with where you are getting this done pls hun? x

Done :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back