Sad vagina (TMI WARNING)

futuremama88

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks postpartum after a successful VBAC and I'm thrilled but I almost feel like a c-section would have been easier! I feel like my vagina is going to fall out. There's like this bulgy thing right near the entrance. I can push it up but it falls back down again. I went to the dr because I thought I was prolapsing. He said I wasn't but the muscle tissue is really weak and I need to do kegels. Am I going to look like this forever? I'm worried that maybe he was wrong and I'm going to prolapse and my vagina is going to fall out. That's what it looks/feels like. I've read so many horror stories (thanks Dr. Google!) about women prolapsing and needing hysterctomies. I'm terrified because I want to have more children. Has anyone else gone through vagina problems like me? Did it ever go back to normal?

Heya, I am 5-6 weeks pp. My cervix was extremely low until about a week ago, it got worse from laughing/pushing on the toilet/walking too far. It was about 1 inch inside if I felt with my finger and it really scared me for a time. It has slowly moved back up as time has passed and is feeling much better, I only feel the pressure after laughing too much now. I haven't been doing kegals enough but I'm trying to do more, also it feels much better since I've started having sex again, perhaps because it exercises the muscles.
I had my doctors check today and she said that since it was improving and I was comfortable having sex then she wasn't worried.

Sorry if this wasn't very helpful, not sure if you're experiencing the same but I think it's quite common for things to not be held as high for a while because of the muscles weakening and if you strengthen the muscles then it should move back up again. If your doctor says you're not prolapsing try to trust that and do the exercises and see if it improves. If it isn't improving though get a second opinion! I don't think it will be the same forever though :hugs:

I had the same thing after my first and my doctor said it was the vaginal walls I was seeing, not a prolapse. 2 more kids later and I now know it's no biggie.

I have a rectocele which sounds the same as your symptoms. My dr wasn't too worried but my midwife referred me to a physio to make sure I was doing my keels right. Which I wasn't, so it was good to see her. She checked my pelvic floor and I was weak on one side so she showed me how to kegel each side separately. It was a revelation. My symptoms have def improved, although I haven't tried to dtd so that will be next I guess!!

If it helps, my dr thought it would get better on its own and to talk to her about it if I still had it at the 6 month mark.

I have a rectocele which sounds the same as your symptoms. My dr wasn't too worried but my midwife referred me to a physio to make sure I was doing my keels right. Which I wasn't, so it was good to see her. She checked my pelvic floor and I was weak on one side so she showed me how to kegel each side separately. It was a revelation. My symptoms have def improved, although I haven't tried to dtd so that will be next I guess!!

If it helps, my dr thought it would get better on its own and to talk to her about it if I still had it at the 6 month mark.

I think I have this too. I have been to my gp a few times since giving birth and she seemed to think it was no big deal. I also went to her about it after my previous birth too. This time the bulge seems worse. Today I have been really down about it caus I know that things are not right. I am going to go back to my gp and ask about being referred. I am a bit angry too as she kept insisting it was nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->