Safe morning sickness meds? HELP! :(

Abbey08

Reaction score
Is there something safe that I am able to take for morning sickness that my doctor can prescribe? Something? ANYTHING? On my 4th straight day (lasts all day and most nights) and I work fulltime. I am finding it near impossible to work and all I want to do is crawl in a ball in bed and cry. When I am home its manageable and I can complain and lay down all I want. At work I cant and I have to constantly carry boxes around the office and answering phones.

Anything safe? I've dropped 2 lbs in the last 4 days also.

Edit: Are hot/cold flashes normal also? I feel as though I am getting it because the nausea but I am a 1st timer and have no clue.

Definitely! Diclectin is one of them...not sure in your area what they might call it . Very common for docs to prescribe anti nausea meds..might give u a world of relief! Take care.

Oh btw I get hot n cold dashes too! One minute I hot..next I'm shivering. Could be hormone related....next or sure :)

Thank you! I am going to call my doctor on my break and hopefully she can give me something. I just hope it's known safe and not one of those things they don't know the effects on baby...

I just bought some sea bands and have them on. So far it seems to be helping a little but they say it's better to get them on BEFORE the naseau kicks in...

I hope u get some relief soon!

I called my doctor and she said that they don’t like to give out the prescriptions until after 8 weeks something to do with the brain and spinal cord developing and it not being super safe before 8 weeks. Not sure if I’d even take that after 8 weeks honestly… Suggested the antihistamine Diclegis (Doxylamine) (1 at night and ½ in the morning)along with vitamin B6 and trying to snack on something like cheerios all day and stay away from milk products. Only thing is Doxylamine is a sleeping med and helps treat insomnia so I suppose being really tired is better than 24/7 nausea!

when i did throw up which was just a few times in one night, the doctor prescribed me zofran and although im not sick right now, im having bad chest pains and upper back pains. another doctor gave me even more zofrans but i havent taken but 3 since 1st tri and i only take them when im absolutely miserable. they work wonders though for anti-nausea!

zofran isnt necessarily proven safe but its prescribed to women with hyperemesis in pregnancy. as i said i only take it when im absolutely miserable so ive only taken mine 3 times of all the times i had morning sickness or sickness from acid reflux.

2 days ago I had a really bad day starting first thing in the morning, including vomiting on an empty stomach. Couldn't do much for most of the day. Ended up taking a bit of the doxylamine succinate (a fraction of the sleeping version) last night and B6 in the middle of the night, as suggested by my doc, and was much much better this morning and fine during the day - even though I didn't take any more (the half life of Doxylamine is 12 hours or so). Could have been by chance...but OMG that nausea the day prior was sooo bad. Getting dehydrated due to vomiting, or not eating due to nausea isn't so good either... Plus I have a tendency of fainting while vomiting - not good!

I take promethazine for my sickness. Causes drowsiness so they are taken at night and it really helps me cope with my morning sickness. I really hope you start to feel better soon. Are you able to keep water down? x

My dr rx'd me zofran and I also take unisom, 1 at night before bed, it is a sleeping pill and it helps a ton. I am not a dr so check with your doctor before taking anything. But unisom and zofran have helped and I am now only down 5lbs from the 9 before.

diclectin worked well for me in my first pregnancy, this one i took it once and for some reason developed an allergic reaction :( so now i just suffer but i so wish i could take it again!

Thanks guys! I haven't been checking in because I have been SO nauseous with little to no relief and dont even feel well enough to browse this awesome site. No vomiting but I could in a heart beat if I tried. :( I want to keep what little food I manage to get down so I dont feel even worse. Went to my 1st prenatal appt and little did I know they send you out for ultrasounds so I wont get my 1st til Friday and know how far I really am along. Hard to believe this is going to last another 5 weeks maybe more. I might die!!!

After I last updated I went to the health store and stocked up on Ginger tabs, B Complex vitamins, and lots of ginger ale in addition to my sea bands. I felt the sea bands only took the edge off and made it a tiny bit better. But the ginger tabs and B complex were my best friend...For a few days! Now everyday its getting worse and worse with my worst moments being at night. But really this is an all day sickness not just morning or night for me!

I just got back from the drug store after remembering about the Doxylamine and although I am at work (not driving home) I just took it. I am desperate for relief!! Praying this helps! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->