Safe to bleach/dye hair?

wonderstruck

Reaction score
I've been feeling all frumpy, bloated and gross lately and would love to go get my hair done for a boost of self-esteem but I've heard conflicting reports as to whether or not it is okay to dye your hair, especially in the first tri. If I get something like an ombre that doesn't touch my roots at all is that fine or are the fumes still a concern? Should I wait? I don't want to do it if it's going to put my little bean at risk. Thanks for any advice.

from what I've read its perfectly fine and if you're really worried just to not let it touch your scalp. its not enough chemicals to affect the baby. if anything you could always wear a face mask if you're really worried about it. i died my hair a week ago and everything seems to be fine. also i think they say your body may react differently to the dye since your body chemistry has changed

You'll probably get mixed advice since it's really a judgment call. I don't think there's any real risk to it, but it's not like anyone has ever done comprehensive studies exposing pregnant ladies to increasing concentrations or hair dye (or fumes) to say for sure that it's safe.

I got a cut and highlights around 6 weeks, and it really lifted my spirits. I did feel a little queasy, but that is just bc ALL smells were (and still are) gross. I take a pretty relaxed approach to pregnancy, knowing that it is impossible to avoid every potential danger, I usually just live my life.

Thank you for asking that question. I've been debating myself. I'm a fake redhead for the past 10 years, it's become such a part of my personality that I'm having a hard time with my monster roots... My hair dresser told me not to in the first trimester...

There are all natural hair dyes at health food stores. Try one of those that don't contain chemicals. may have to do it more often but no harm.

I'd be getting it done at a salon, not doing it myself.

Lol got ya. I do my hair myself, never satisfied with the salon lol.

Aveda has hair dye that is more on the natural side. I think 80% natural. I would just goole natural hair dye salon and put your area, I am SURE there is somewhere.

You could even tell them you are pregnant and see if they are willing to dye it with the natural dye.

I am not familiar with bleaching the hair though. You could always go darker

Just remember what ever touches your skin absorbs into your blood stream.

My stylist told me last time that highlights are OK bc it's not on your scalp, but dying it isn't good bc it's all over your scalp. Your hairdresser should be able to tell you if it's safe or not

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->