Sagging vaginal wall :(

nicksi27

Reaction score
So I had my 8 week check yesterday and informed my gp that some days I feel a heaviness/ dragging feeling down below. She examined me and said I don't have a prolapse and cervix is where it should be but I have sagging of the vaginal wall. She said nothing would be done about this and that after birth the vagina will never be completely the same. She recommended kegels.

Has anyone else got this? I thought you only got this after multiple babies. I did have a traumatic forceps delivery so that probably didn't help. I know OH is dying to DTD but the thought of anything being 'wrong' down there puts me off!

Unfortunately assisted delivery and/or episiotomy or extensive tears can make you more prone to these things. Also some women can have ten babies and ping back every time others have one and experience problems, and some women experience this before even having children perhaps if they have a job that involves a great deal of heavy lifting. The good news is it is almost fully reversible especially if you don't have actual prolapse, the biggest healer is time, even if you don't do anything specific things should gradually go back to normal. Pelvic floor exercises either on their own or using a pelvic floor TENs or weighted cones can help accelerate things a bit. I had an episiotomy with my eldest and at 8 weeks it was only just really starting to heal property let alone get back to normal but by a year I was about 90% back to how I was. Thankfully even after four more kids I haven't experienced any further damage xx

I had this at my 6 week checkup and it went away completely by about 4 months. I was so worried!

I've got this as well. I only noticed it because I looked at it in the mirror to see how things were healing. I've never had symptoms from it. It doesn't seem any different at 8 months pp.

Not sure this is what you mean, but I had something where my vaginal wall at the back (towards my rectum) sagged in, which made it hard to poo. It tends to be caused by the pelvic floor muscles and other soft tissues getting all out of whack after birth. I had a fairly easy natural birth, but it can happen to anyone. I did lots of kegels (which I admit I wasn't good at keeping up on right after birth, my pelvic floor was the last thing on my mind!) and within a couple weeks it was a lot better. I think by around 3 months pp it was completely normal again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->