Saline Spray - How often?

Seraphim

Amazing Baby Girl
Reaction score
How often should we use the calpol saline spray?? (I'm sure I can't find this info on the leaflet :shrug:)

I don't want to over-do it, but would like to get her nose as clear as poss before bedtime.

T x

Hi,

I didn't worry about it too much how often and used it whenever he needed it. I had some saline nose drops and they said as required, however I did notice Calpol spray had different directions... But I ignored it! I figured its not going to be too harmful and if it helps them... LO was fine with it anyway :) x

Hi, I have used the Calpol saline spray on Jack & think you just use it as required! Although I have found the Nasosal drops better as the spray just seems akward to get uo his nose! Hope your LO's nose clears ok :) xx

when we were in the hospital with Hannah they gave her some saline drops and said not to do it more than a few times a day? :shrug: we never really used them once she was home

i have been spraying once in each nostril as a when she is nasally and seems like there is mucus to shift. x

As long as they are pure saline drops (no other meds in them) you can use them as often as you need. When my LO's cold was at its worst, he couldn't breathe! I used them (with suctioning) as often as a half dozen times per day (poor guy). :( I used extra and suctioned extra good just before bed, too.

Also, put a humidifier in the room she sleeps in. And you can turn the shower on super hot, and sit in the steam with her -- those will also help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->