Saliva Ferning...

SpudsMama

New Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm 9 dpo today :)

So I use a saliva scope every morning, before eating, drinking or brushing teeth etc. It worked perfectly for weeks, going from none fertile, to partial, to full ferning, then back to non fertile again after ovulation passed.

On 5 dpo I had really strong ferns that lasted just that one day. I've since read that it could've been my secondary estrogen surge that everyone gets in our luteal phase.

But I also had some partial ferning again yesterday at 8 dpo. Along with a tiny little blob of ewcm. No ferning today though. Just a LOT of little dots all bunched tightly together across the screen. Could this indicate implantation?

I've read that one woman getting ferns on her microscope is the equivalent of another woman getting a dip in her temps... has anyone got experience of ferning or a temp dip or two??

Thanks!

Baby dust xx

How do you like your ferning scope? I'm debating starting this method as DH said no to the CBFM and I feel temping might be a little difficult for me.

It's really easy... I mean there are some days you still get ferning but once you know about the little estrogen surges you get in the 2ww and during AF you know which ferning is actually ovulation.

The scopes themselves are easy to use... just put a drop of saliva on the lens and wait for it to dry completely. Then just take a look. Dots mean non fertile, little ferns mean you're slightly fertile and big full on ferns mean you're ovulating.

Cheap as well, I bought mine for about £20.00 and that's the only expense you'll make. Whereas with the CBFM it costs a lot to buy in the first place and then you're spending a lot every month to keep buying the sticks.

Sorry for sounding like an advert :haha: xx

The advertisement is perfectly fine with me. I don't see alot of women on here using a scope and DH said no CBFM. Temping I think will be too much of a hassel for me I think, but I am starting to concider it. OPK's hate me at the moment so they aren't much help.

Thanks for the info and lots of :dust: to you.

I used to think temping would be a nightmare, but I've just started doing it this cycle and it's easier than you think. I just set my alarm, take my temp, jot it down on my phone, roll over and go back to sleep again lol!

Lots of baby dust to you too :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"