Same Words Different Meanings.....

Suz

~ I are a Nerd ~
Reaction score
:rofl: So after Talking to Imi yesterday on Skype....I have come to the realization that sometimes I say things that have different meanings to you guys.:rofl:

I try to be carefull....I remember I was commeting on a picture of someones son. I said...."He is such a Ham" :rofl: They thought I was calling him a pig...:blush: Ham is a good thing...I guess its kind of like whey you say Cheekey for the camera....or cute.

I told Imi someting was Tart....To me Tart is a flavor...Like Tangie or Zangy...But Imi said a Tart is .... Well you know what Tart is.

Same time when I first came on the forum I was called a Cow....I thougt I was being called Fat:rofl:

Have you come across anything I have said that you would like to know what I ment:rofl:

Just think it is funny that the same word can have some many different meanings:rofl:

Not that i can think of Suz but am bored so may scan your posts to see if i can find owt LOL

But surely they must be loads of things that we say that don't make sense to you :)

I think I have it all figured on for the most part. But I never thought that some things I say can come out as Odd.

I told Wobbles once that I would Sponcer her to come to america.....:rofl:

Aah i see and to us sponser means raise money for charity and you means like put in a good word to live in America!!

well am i right in thinking knickers are bloomers
pants to you trousers but us gross things men wear

I told Wobbles one day that I was Nappy:rofl: and I was going to go take a Nappy.:rofl: I beleive her response was "WTF Suz"

Nappy is slang for Nap (sleep) Its Nap Time:rofl: Cause to you Nappies are diapers:rofl:

Gosh super confusing at times lol!, you mean one thing and they take it as the other lol!

My fave transatlantic translation has to be fanny. Fany means bum to you Suz?? whereas it means something completely different here, I still sniger when I hear a bug bag referred to as a fanny pack. There are some cloth nappy's called fuzzi fannies and fanciful fannies

I have know people referring to their Bum as a Fanny. use to use fanny packs when I was a kid....But here is one just for you Beanie....I had a cat named Fanny.:rofl: :rofl:

tip tops
no one seems to know what they are

every one calls them ice pops lol

my borther speaks loads of slang lol

phat sounds like fat - means good

bad - means good

sooooooo confussing - little chav lol

Dionne i grew up in the midlands and know what tip tops are ... i STILL call them tip tops lol

See i call bread rolls bread rolls .... Gav calls them balm cakes im like WTF??? lol ... His dads partner calls them Muffins ... to me a muffin is a choc chip cake lmao!!

Werid init!

xxx

Dionne i grew up in the midlands and know what tip tops are ... i STILL call them tip tops lol

See i call bread rolls bread rolls .... Gav calls them balm cakes im like WTF??? lol ... His dads partner calls them Muffins ... to me a muffin is a choc chip cake lmao!!

Werid init!

xxx

Here in cov we call bread rolls batches lol!

Nooo you are all mad they are called tea cakes!! :)

Two things I have wanted to know,

If you call trousers pants, then what do you call pants?

Also if you call a bum a fanny, then what do you call a fanny?
and for that matter if a bum is a fanny does that mean that men have fannies?

No means men ARE fannys!

Tea cakes jo?? they have currents in em and i don't eat bread rolls with currents in you loooooon!!!!!!!

Pants?? they are bloody trousers ffs!!!! Drives me nuts when ppl call trousers pants grrrr!!!!!

Ohhhh everyone just mental!

xxx

Argh!!! no, Tea cakes are tea cakes and if you want currents it's a currant tea cake
Its not difficult

A bread roll is a little one you have with soup

Oh stop messing with my head:hissy:

A batch is what you have a beef burder in
people call them buttys?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Currents are for tea cakes and scones!!! NOT bread rolls u nut job!!!!!!

Butties?? theres sandwiches!!!

Your all nutters i tell ya!!!
xxx

Butties?? theres sandwiches!!!

Your all nutters i tell ya!!!
xxx

:wacko:

stop it im going dizy

i ask for a chip batch when i go the the chippy
how would you say it?

can i have a chip tea cake:rofl:

No id say a chip roll ....