sandwich spreads/fillings?

wispa86

2 Boys and a Bump
Reaction score
:wave:

hellos

my son is 9 months old and we are doing sandwiches for his lunch as he seems to prefer those to a bigger meal.

however he isnt keen on spreadable cheeses and i dont want to give him marmite every day

can anyone suggest some spreads/fillings that are suitable for him??

thanks x

I give Jac ........Jam, Pate, soft cheese, or Meat/Fish Paste if i do sandwiches. Otherwise i give him cheese on toast, eggy bread, pancakes or crumpets...thought id mention as you dont have to stick to sandwiches.

xx

Mashed banana on bread or toast maybe....been meaning to try this but keep forgeting....:dohh:

xxx

I think that you arent supposed to give baby pate under one years of age.

I gave Molly peanut butter, cheese, tuna, and marmite sandwiches at first.

Only thing you can't give before 1 year is honey and shellfish. Be creative - think about what you like in sandwiches. My lo particularly loves peanut butter and jam!

i have a nut allergry so can Ben had peanuts now?

Thought you were not supposed to give nuts under 5 years old? Rosie loves banana,tuna, egg mayo & a bit of jam x

My dd loves banana and cinnamon ... and banana, avocado and cinnamon (can you see a pattern developing ???) in her sandwiches. She did like dairylea ... not so much now though. Philly and jam is nice too.

Thought you were not supposed to give nuts under 5 years old? Rosie loves banana,tuna, egg mayo & a bit of jam x

I think the "guidance" now is that if you don't have a nut allergy in your family it's fine to give babies nuts as long as they can't choke so something like peanut butter is brilliant for them.

Actually, I haven't tried peanut butter .. that's what she can have tomorrow :thumbup:

I think that you arent supposed to give baby pate under one years of age.

I looked it up......liver is ok...so pate would be too.

I know you shouldnt eat either when pregnant though :shrug:

xxx

i have a nut allergry so can Ben had peanuts now?

If you have a nut allergy yourself then you'd probably be safer to either wait or talk to someone about it first ... perhaps HV or GP.

I think peanut butter is ok after 1.

Mine always had (and still do)

Marmite
philedelphia
Mashed banana
Tuna
Chicken pate
nutella
egg

thanks everyone i shall give them all a whirl.

i can imagine that he would LOVE chocolate spread lol

I do:

Philly Cream Cheese - usually plain but she loves the roasted red pepper one also
Tuna
Grilled cheese sandwiches
Mashed up banana
Roasted turkey (I buy shaved from the deli and heat it then cool it completely, I put 1 piece of thin lettuce and 1 slice of thin cheese from the deli- cheddar usually and add a bit of margarine to stick it together, and she really likes that)
Hummus.

... the guideline is no peanut butter/nuts until after a year here, but my dad gave Elyse peanut butter and she's been okay so I guess we do peanut butter now! But Nutella is a nut product- hazelnuts. I am allergic to nuts (not peanuts), so personally I'll be waiting to offer Nutella, actually she probably won't have it for years as I wouldn't normally have it in the house.

I think the food standards agency say nuts are ok after 6 mnths as long as there is no history of allergy in the family and they can't choke so peanut butter great.

My DD loves roasted veg and cous cous in pitta bread, I normally add a bit of philly too as it can be a bit dry.

I tried out those marmite whirlygigs by the way. I think I put too much cheese :haha: but they are lovely (and very easy to make ... and hold!)

Whole nuts are not recommended as they are a choking hazzard. I did read the other day that the guidelines on Peanuts are going to change and it's OK to give babies Peanut butter for example but only if there are no allergies in the family. They like to confuse parents!!!

were just starting on sarnies so lots of tips thanks girlies. I love pate on toast and have it alot didnt realise Matthew could have it and he always tries to pinch mine so will give him a wee taste xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->