Sandwiches or toast as a meal

kalou1972

Mummy to Miller & TTC #2
Reaction score
Miller will suck on bread or toast....but just seems to drop alot of it.

I dont like to give him as a meal ( lunch or breakfast ) as i dont actually think he eats much of it??

What do you think??

I'd like to give him for a change instead of a baby jar !!

I give toast as a meal all the time.

But your Lo is a year and I bet has mre than 2 teeth !

Like i said i worry he isnt actually eating enough of it....rather just sucking and spitting out !!

We've been giving Callum things like that since he was around 9 months, he loves things like beans/spaghetti on toast and dairylea sandwiches, I know what you mean about worrying they aren't eating enough but they do start to eat more as they are given it more often. Just maybe give him something more for pudding (like a banana etc) and maybe a snack later if hes hungry xx

Maybe try a different consistency of bread? My Lil' will often drop some types of wholemeal toast but managed half a cheese bagel this afternoon. The bagel is "meatier" and less crummy.

My lo hasn't got any teeth yet and she manages just fine! I've given her toast/sandwiches since about 8 months old, in the early days it was hit and miss with how much she actually ate but she has got better and better x

Evan has no teeth and can eat a whole slice of bread (cut into soldiers) he used to drop it all, but now he may leave a few tiny pieces. It is just practice really, they get it in the end x

My lo can eat soldiers now, but I often give it as a 'side dish' or pile stuff on it for him to suck x

Macie has toast and sandwiches (her favorite is cheese) lol. And she still has not a single tooth... she makes alot of mess lol. and there is some leftover but if you put all what is left together i bet you'll find theres actually not alot considering how much you give them!!! It just looks alot because they brake it all up lol. xx

My LO (7 months) also eats toast without any teeth. She also has chapattis, bagels & baguette. She sucks & gums on it and then swallows bits at a time. She generally has bread as part of a meal with cheese, salad, fruit, etc.

I'm not worried about how much she's eating, as she still gets everything she needs from her milk feeds.

But your Lo is a year and I bet has mre than 2 teeth !

Like i said i worry he isnt actually eating enough of it....rather just sucking and spitting out !!

He's been getting toast since 6 months and only got his first tooth at nearly a year.
As far as I was concerned, 'food is fun, until they're one', so milk/formula was his meal. Any food I gave him was just a bonus until then.

My LO has been having toast from 7months and sandwiches as a meal since 9.5 months. She only got her 2 teeth at 9.5months (still only has 2!)

Ive been giving her toast though since 7 months and shes managed fine. She will eat toast as a finger food but for some reason, I have to break bits off the sandwich and give it to her as she wont hold a full one it at all (cut into quarters), so maybe try that. She eats a lot more this way. :flower:

Maybe start off by giving it to him as a snack? Until he gets used to it, then you can give it to him as a meal.

How have you been giving him the toast? I find that if I give my LO soldiers he just sucks on it and doesnt really eat it or shoves it all in and gags on it. If I give him bite size bits, he picks these up and chews and eats these, and will happily get through a whole slice this way.

How have you been giving him the toast? I find that if I give my LO soldiers he just sucks on it and doesnt really eat it or shoves it all in and gags on it. If I give him bite size bits, he picks these up and chews and eats these, and will happily get through a whole slice this way.

I give Jessica small toast fingers. She does tend to shove it all in, so I do have to break bits off sometimes, but she will cope with it all in her mouth and now she has teeth, shes getting better at biting it off. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->