Santa Clause

zlrckbdp

Reaction score
There is currently a big Facebook fight going on (my entertainment for the day :haha:)
This mother is saying she will not be telling her daughter about Santa.

I personally disagree, I am looking forward to sharing the story of Santa with my child. I will also be sharing my christian believes with my LO.
I feel like Santa is a big part of everyone's childhood. Every little person needs an imagination.

But I do not condemn anyone who choose not to share Santa with their LOs.
I just hope no one ruins it for my child.

What are your opinions?

It up to the mother what she does with her child and no one can tell her how to raise her child but with that said i agree with you... Imagination is a big part of childhood, when i was little i loved Santa I would get so excited and leave cookies out and everything. Weird thing i only belived in Santa i didnt believe in the tooth fairy or the easter bunny though. :haha:

I used to think that when I had a kid, I'd just tell them straight up that there was no Santa. Now that I'm actually having a baby, there is absolutely no way I'd pass up giving them Santa Claus. I just think how differently Christmases would've felt when I was a kid if I had known there was no Santa. It's magic. And you're right, every kiddo needs that kind of imagination.

I used to think that when I had a kid, I'd just tell them straight up that there was no Santa. Now that I'm actually having a baby, there is absolutely no way I'd pass up giving them Santa Claus. I just think how differently Christmases would've felt when I was a kid if I had known there was no Santa. It's magic. And you're right, every kiddo needs that kind of imagination.

exactly thiss!
I was the same way, but now I can't wait for LO to be over excited to sleep on Christmas eve :happydance:

Definitely bringing up my LO with the idea of Santa! Christmas was just SO magical and exciting for me! :D

Christmas ruled when Santa was real, when I found out he wasn't real, Christmas just went downhill, really. I'll be teaching my LO about Santa :D

Ima defo let my LO believe in santa clause why not I believed in him when I was younger & it was very exciting for me I used to leave him milk & cookies & they always used to be gone in the morning & I was very excited about that :blush:

Im gonna tell quin about santa too
but i think there can be benfits of no santa..
like your child never has the let down of no santa
if you are religious you can focus more on that
etc.

Eh, I'll be the odd one here and say I'm not going to tell my daughter about Santa like he is portrayed out to be.

Maybe it's because I'm an atheist.

Eh, I'll be the odd one here and say I'm not going to tell my daughter about Santa like he is portrayed out to be.

Maybe it's because I'm an atheist.

I am an atheist as well. I think it could go either way. I never really viewed Santa as a religious symbol. He just brought me presents. :lol:

I'm an atheist too & I will be telling my girl about Santa :thumbup: I remember how much fun & magical Christmas was when I believed in Santa, I think my LO deserves the same experience :thumbup: I never viewed him as a religious thing, honestly.

I don't really view Santa as religious, either. I think it's just the fact that I don't want her to believe in something that isn't real.

My dad was Santa to me =P

I will definitely be telling LO about Santa. Christmas would've been nothing without Santa when I was a child!

We've decided not to do any Santa. Mostly for our beliefs, but also because I never felt anything "magical" about receiving things from some fat guy who came into my home and wanted to eat all my cookies.... I like the idea of it being solely about family giving/receiving and what we believe.

I have no problems with anyone who does the Santa thing, and I intend to try and make sure my child isn't that annoying kid blabbing about how he's not real, it's your mom, etc etc..

im so excited for when Arwen is old enough to get excited about Santa coming it makes christmas that bit better, just hasnt been as magical since i found out there was no Santa, kids need something to believe in :)

Omg is she serious? Everyone has the right to the own choice but I disagree strongly! Christmas with Santa isnt just exciting for the kids - I LOVE putting the presents our for my little brothers whilst they're asleep and watching their eyes in disbelief and amazement in the morning, it's a magical moment and I can't wait for me and OH to be doing this for Oakey!! X

I really can't wait for my LO to get excited about Christmas, because i love it! My OH hates Christmas (grumpy bugger :haha:) but even he agrees that Christmas is for children and that they deserve a magical day so Santa is deffo gonna be apart of our Christmas and i'm so looking forward to it! Baking cookies, watching Christmas movies and writing letters to Santa! :happydance: xx

Ill definitely tell LO about Santa! I wanna go to Finland with her to visit Santa Claus in Lapland!! I wish my parents took me there when I was little, now it's so far away and expensive to go from here!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->