Santa Gifts

monkee12

Reaction score
How do you seperate presents? Do you do a smaller gift from Santa? All gifts? Stockings?

We do an Xmas Eve Box which contains the usual:
Xmas DVD
Snowman Soup
Sweetie Bag
Santa Key
Reindeer Dust
Pyjamas
Bath Bomb

Then Stockings off Santa plus 2 or 3 presents that we have bought off Santa too x

Mine get everything off santa ! They have never questioned why we don’t get them gifts I am waiting for that one !

We do a 1st December box which elves will arrive in ! This usually goes down well! .

The ‘main’ item(s) are from Santa and I wrap
Those in a different paper with bows
The rest I buy and send to Santa for him to deliver
Stocking is also from Santa
Xmas eve box is from the elves

Big gifts are from Santa and not wrapped, then something from me wrapped under the tree (mainly because all of the older people in the family only have gifts under the tree - although only 'to' names are on the wrapped gifts, never 'from').

Normally the Santa gifts are the larger items on their list and are unwrapped downstairs plus a stocking of rand things.

They get a sack upstairs from us.

However this year I have no idea what the Santa gift will be. Maybe joint ones (scooter)

I also do a 1st December box with arts and crafts, selection box. The elves bring them.

Christmas eve we also have a small box with reindeer food, tube of sweets, PJs and a game or dvd .

As a child all gifts downstairs were from Santa and we had a sack upstairs. We didn't have stockings or Christmas eve boxes. We also got afternoon presents which were stocking gifts.

Mine get one present from Santa and the rest from us. I wrap their Santa gifts in a different paper. The Santa gifts aren’t they’re big gifts but usually the next best, not the cheapest and not the main iykwim?

Mine get everything off santa ! They have never questioned why we don’t get them gifts I am waiting for that one !
They'll probably never question it as it's always been that way for them. My sister and I grew up with Santa bringing everything and we never gave it a thought. It was so magical!

I wrap one or two small things for DD to open on Christmas Eve when we get together with some extended family. Those are from me. Everything else comes Christmas morning and it's all from Santa. The stocking is filled by Santa, too.

Everything comes from Santa bought by us and goes into a pile, apart from one for each and the joint ones (tend to be main) which go under the tree.

I don't bother with a Christmas eve box as my son doesn't care for movies, hot drinks etc

I always do a stocking thats from santa. Our son knows that we buy presents and santa brings some but I've never said which is which and to be honest he's never asked.

pretty much everything from santa. Once when ds1 was about 5/6 he said "you get us presents too dont you" so I just said of course and the bits we give them on Christmas eve became from us.
Everything was from santa when both dh and I were growing up so we just sort of carried it on.
Obviously gifts from family they are aware of where they came from.

Santa brings his stocking and some little presents, the rest are from us and our families :)

Really interesting reading how differently everyone does things :) We do stockings from Santa, bigger presents in the sack are either from Santa or bought by us but magically taken away by the elves to be delivered by him. No distinction between them though, all are wrapped up in different paper for each child. Xmas eve they get new pyjamas from the elves, I don’t do a Xmas eve box as such but we reuse the same things each year like Santa's key and plate.

Santa brings all our stuff I think. I don’t actually speak the details of it all much with them so they don’t even question it.
Rio knows everyone gets different amounts and some children don’t get much because parents send Santa money and Santa brings gifts based on what the parents have sent (and how well behaved they are)
I love the magic of Christmas but hate not telling the complete truth!

The kids ask Santa for 3 things and he brings those things as well as 2-3 stocking stuffers. The rest is from us.

Gracie gets a 1st December box from Elfie which has new Christmas jammies, a colouring book or craft, some hot chocolate sachets and a voucher to choose a new decoration for the tree. It’s also got some stuff from previous years which she helps us pack into the box on Boxing Day and that how “back to the North Pole” with elfie. Things like Christmas bedding, our framed Santa pic from the year before, Christmas cup and mug, Christmas books, and so on. The “new” things are wrapped. It costs us under £20 per year and it’s a huge box - the new Christmas tree decoration is a family tradition and needs to be linked to something to do with that year (so we will have a covid related one no doubt!)

Santa delivers all her presents from us and adds one “big” but not necessarily main present. Something she really, really wants. He also fills her stocking. Most presents are from us and delivered by Santa.

We cut back a lot on gifts last year and it was lovely, so we plan to do the same next year.

The dog also gets a stocking and toy from Santa because I’m pathetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->