Sapphire's speedy entrance to the world!

PrincessTaz

Winter's Mummy, TTC#2
Reaction score
So here's my birth story, a totally different experience than my first labour which lasted 4 days and ended up me being induced. This was a much more positive experience even if I didn't get the water birth I wanted again.

I went to bed Sunday night, 5th March, as usual, had been bouncing on my ball before bed and trying some nipple stimulation. I had a pretty good night's sleep but woke around 4.30am really needing to wee but there was such much pressure on my pelvis I had to literally crawl to the bathroom. Felt better after I'd peed and went back to bed, managed to fall back to sleep but woke up at 5am with pressure/pain in my pelvis and I didn't feel quite right. Also started having contractions but they didn't start at tightenings, from the first one it was quite uncomfortable and I'd say 2/10 pain wise. I decided to get up because I knew it felt different this time. I went downstairs to get breakfast and bounce for a bit and than ran a bath. Also started timing contractions which were irregular at this point. I had a bath, washed my hair and did my makeup and contractions at this point were a 3/10 so I called my OH to come home from work. We took the dog for a walk to help get things moving and contractions increased to about a 5/10 while walking but still really irregular ranging from anywhere between 11 minutes to 5 minutes apart.

After getting back from the walk I wanted to go see my DS, he'd had a sleepover at my mum's house but I just felt I needed some time with him while I still only his mummy. It's weird to explain but I just really needed to see him. We got to my mums and explained the baby was coming and he may sleep out again but that as soon as baby was born he could meet them, he was so excited but very emotional and very attached to me jot wanting me to go. I've always been quite open about labour now and birth so he's seen birth videos and he kept saying he needed to look after me. Me and my OH went back home and called my friend who was our birth partner and she came to our house. Contractions were still irregular but a little closer and more painful but could talk through them. I already had a midwife appointment at 14.30 so decided to still go, as I was overdue and clearly in labour she gave me a stretch and sweep and said I was 3cm dilated at 14:50pm. She anticipated baby wouldn't come till late night or early hours of the morning when I made a joke about having a baby by tea time. The contractions immediately became stronger after the sweep and the pressure was so much worse too. I went home and was struggling to cope with the pain but the contractions were still 6/7 minutes apart but an 8/10 pain wise. Hospital had said don't come in until 3 mins apart and can't talk through them so although the the pain was so intense and I wasnt coping I still thought it was too early to go. I decided to go get a bath and took 2 painkillers at 15.30pm.
I laid in bed while the bath was running and was struggling to cope with the pain badly by now but as they were still so far apart didn't feel concerned as hospital made a big point about them needing to be 3-4 minutes apart before going in. At this point my friend decided to go home quickly to see her little boy after school and would come back.

I got in the bath around 16.15 and as soon as I did the contractions changed and I felt cold and shakey. Within 10 minutes in the bath I'd had 4 horrendous contractions that were 10/10 pain wise. As soon as I got out of the bath the pressure was unreal and I knew this baby wasn't waiting long and I started to panic.
I got out the bath and managed to get some clothes on fast, didn't even worry about a bra. I went in the bedroom and a contraction came that made me make noises I didn't think humanly possible. My OH shouted up if I was okay and he sounded worried, I said we need to go now. Then I got urge to push and started shouting I need to push. Our initial plan was going to a hospital a 20 minute drive away as they have labour and delivery as well as birth center which I'd comprised on due to having a high bmi. We do have a hospital literally a 1 minute drive away which only has a birth centre though, I told my OH we had to just go there as I wasn't going to make it. Just as we were leaving my OH pizza delivery came just in time lol, I didn't even know he'd ordered one but he made sure it went in the car with us. We got in the car and was parked in the hospital 2 minutes after leaving the house. As soon as I got out of the car my waters went in the middle of the car park and I could barely walk. My idiot OH aaked me should he bring the pizza, my reply something like "I'm fucking pushing just get the fucking bags". My OH had to get me in a wheelchair as I was pushing now and couldn't walk. He's running through the hospital me in the wheelchair screaming I'm pushing and him screaming for me not to push, it just have been hilarious to watch and he couldn't push me in a straight line with all the bags lol. We got to the birth centre and straight into a room where I'm screaming 'get this baby out' and then being apologetic that we didn't let them know we were coming. The midwife looked worried as she was the only midwife there and she needed 2 plus she had no time to read my notes or anything. They got me from the chair to bed while ripping my pants off and I didn't even manage to get my Cardigan or top off. By this point I'd describe the pain as 100/10 and I was pushing with everything I had. Within a minute I could feel the worse burning sensation I've ever felt and I knew the head was there. I managed to slow down and breath baby's head out as I didn't want to tear and then one more big push and she was born. I had no tears and baby was content as soon as she was placed on my chest. Me and my OH were in absolute shock and by the time my best friend had parked and got to the room Saphie was here and she was devastated she'd missed the birth by literally 30 seconds, at least she'd heard it though lol (Derek called her when I got out the bath to let her know what was happening). I'm still in shock now at how fast it progressed but she was worth every second. While they then got me more comfy and checked me over daddy got some skin to skin. She's so content and feeding great too 💖💖💖 Baby Sapphire was born at 16:48pm on 6th March and she weighed 7lbs 8oz xx

What an amazing birth story! Everything happened so fast and you did so well! :D

Wow, well done taz!!! Sounds like you did an amazing job!

Wow. That sounds like it was incredibly intense, but way to go, and congratulations again!

Lovely, so happy everything went fairly well! She came quick, but glad it all went safely.

what an amazing birth congratulations on you little girl

Did he go back and get the pizza?! :winkwink:

Congrats on your little bundle of joy!

That was a great birth story! Congratulations! My labour with my second was also very fast, and barely made it to the hospital in time (although not quite as close as you did)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->