savoury snack recipes?

dizzymeg

Reaction score
Hi anyone got any good savoury snacks they give their LO's? So far ol ha shad things like rice cakes and bread sticks and those organix crisps but I fancy making something of my own for him. He is 9 months old BLW so can eat pretty much anything.
Thanks all
x

OH, Ruby and I love these:

Cheesy wholemeal scones

100g self raising flour
50g wholemeal flour
1/2tsp baking powder
1 egg
100g grated cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp mustard powder (i've left this out before and it was fine.)
1 or 2 tbsps milk
25g softened butter or marg

mix the flours, baking powder, mustard powder. Rub in the butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
Add most of the cheese, reserving a bit, then add the beaten egg and then mix with enough milk to make a soft dough.
Flour your work surface ad roll out to about 2cm thick. Cut out to whatever size or shape you want. I do little ones for Ruby and big ones for us :)
Brush the surface wit milk, then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
Put on a greased tray and bake for 10-ish minutes until risen and lightly browned, at 200 degrees.

YUM

sound fab, thanks! I just find most of the stuff I give him is fruit and roasted veggies so nice to give him other stuff! x

I make lo cheese biscuits, I got the recipe from a baby cook book but we all eat them,

2oz plain flour sieved
1oz butter
3oz cheese

You rub the the butter and flour together till its of breadcrumb resemblance then just add the cheese and mix to become a dough, sometimes if its still a bit crumbly I just add a bit of egg. Then just cook for about 10 minutes. I like it because its so easy :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->