Saying good-bye

Discussion in 'Miscarriage Support' started by fallenangel11, Jun 8, 2011.

1. fallenangel11

fallenangel11 A little bit pregnant

Two days before my birthday my husband and I went to an untra sound scan that we requested at 12 weeks. I had a wonderful pregnancy. A few weeks of morning sickness, some tiredness etc. But overall I felt so happy being pregnant. We had wanted this baby so much...and after two years of court to get joint custody of my hubby's daughter (now my lovely step-daughter) I think it was only fair we get a baby to add to our happily growing family!

At our scan, we were told that our baby "Pip" had no heartbeat. It was devestating news and I didn't take it well. On my birthday I spent 4 hours waiting in the Emergency Department waiting to book my D&C. The day after my 25th, my hubby held my hand through the D&C (obviously not in the theater, but every moment before and after). It was so hard...just typing this makes me teary..... but we have made it through this.

And now I think I am ready to say good bye. I loved my baby so much and I want more than anything to still feel "Pip" in my belly....but that wasn't meant to be.

To say good bye- Hubby and I, along with my family, are going to release 8 sky lanterns (our baby was 8 weeks when he/she died) over the beach. I hope this will be able to bring all of us (especially me) some closure.

Has anyone else done anything to get 'closure'? How have you said good bye?

Attached Files:

2. estewart88

estewart88 1 Angel

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is such a beautiful thing to do for your baby :hugs:
    I didn't really do anything to say goodbye but I did buy him a few things for me to remember him by. A blanket and little teddy bear which I keep with his ultrasound pictures. I don't know if I've been ready yet to really say goodbye.
    I am going to New York around the time he would have been born so might do something while I'm there, I'm hoping the big city can inspire something!

3. bornthiswayxo

bornthiswayxo Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Your idea sounds fantastic. <3
    I just wrote a lot of poems and letters for her, it's all I wanted to do, and felt I could do. It took a while for me to even get to that point though, for the first few months I tried to forget about it.