Scabby bum

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by summerarmahni, Dec 22, 2009.

1. summerarmahni

summerarmahni summer and bailey

So ive got this scabby mark on my bum, its like sort of a rash/graze thing its red and the size of a 50p and itchy, now i have a few little ones next to it, i keep trying different creams but its not going, ive had it about a month now, ive dont have it anywere else so it cant be a reaction to my soaps and powders, anyone have any idea what it is???

2. Christine1993

Christine1993 Full-time mummy to Aidan

i'm not too sure hun but sounds painful so hugs.
    however, my boyfriend does have something similar, he has tons and tons over his bum, some dent inwards as well, he's also got them under his arm pits and on his back, he's needing to see a doctor soon as creams and lotions don't work and he's trying numerous different soaps incase he's having an allergic reaction but theyre still not going away. i would see your gp hun, maybe they could give you some proper treatment. being uncomfy and sore is the last thing you need xxx

3. Emma1980

Emma1980 Mummy to Finley

sounds a bit like eczema or maybe psoriasis - ask your doc to have a look at it for ya!

4. AimeeM

AimeeM Mum to 3 Boys.

Could it be Impetigo? Just a suggestion, i'd go see the doc as it can be very contagious.

5. summerarmahni

thanks everyone i was kinda hoping the answer wasnt to get my bum out for my doctor:blush: but guess am going to have to lol xxx

6. Becyboo__x

Becyboo__x Well-Known Member

I dont think iv got the same but since about half way through 2nd tri i got a little lump like thing its pinky/purpley coloured its more flat now but its like a spot/blister and iv tried everything to make it go but its not going anywhere :shrug: it might not be anything serious probs just a random mark but if your worried and it is painful just explain it to your doctor/midwife im sure they will help not like youll want to get your bum out to them :haha:

7. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

have psoriasis and it sounds like that.
    Dr will prob send you to a dermatologist!
    xxx

8. Becyboo__x

If it is psoriasis they wont do much iv got eczema on my body and psoriasis on my head and iv been seeing a dermatoligist recently and they say they cant do much while im pregnant they might just give you some steriod cream for it which might help .. but aswell it took quite awhile for me to get refered to see a dermotologist and cause its christmas and that its a bad time lol! but if you make an appointment with doctor to see if you can get refered then you may be able to get in before you have baby :)! x

9. summerarmahni

Thanks everyone ive got my appointment on the 30th of this month so ill tell my doctor see what he says lol xx

10. Becyboo__x

:thumbup: hope all goes well and if he does want you to be refered i hope he does it quick for you :D x

11. karenal

karenal Well-Known Member

My bum is also very dry and sore at times (the cheeks) Ive tried using E45 but like you its not really doing anything. I dont think the cold weather is helping any either as I normally get dry skin in the cold.
    Just have to try and keep on top of it.