• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

scan anxiety?

amytrisha

Mother of boys.
Reaction score
I'm not the only one am I?

Family keep telling me not to be daft, but I'm so anxious for my 20 week scan! I think it's because they check for everything then don't they.. I'm petrified they'll find a problem with my little one. :(

You're not alone! I have my 20 week scan in a week (I'll be 19 weeks) and I'm just ready to have it done. I don't want something to be wrong. We didn't do any testing for downs or anything, and I'm just scared.

Sorry you girls feel the same, I'm glad I'm not alone though :(

My main fear is finding out worst case scenario that baby wouldn't survive, but my next biggest fear is that baby is missing an arm or leg :/ I know it doesn't "ruin" lives but idk you always picture your LO being perfect..

I just wish I could go for it now! Mines on the 28th x

I was terrified ahead of mine, I'd started to feel baby move by the time of mine but I was still worried. I'm sure everything will be fine though

My main fear is finding out worst case scenario that baby wouldn't survive, but my next biggest fear is that baby is missing an arm or leg :/ I know it doesn't "ruin" lives but idk you always picture your LO being perfect..

If it was missing a limb surely you would have seen that at 12 weeks? We saw our baby lie back and put its hands behind its head lol!

Yep I feel the same..... Mines tomorrow morning. Just want it to
be here x

Mines on Tuesday and I'm terrified, we've already been warned there's a heart problem so we're waiting to find out how severe it is. Am really worried that something else will be wrong too :cry:

Fashion queen - do you think? Do you think they would of told me if they noticed something? When the screen was pointed at me it started waving but I didn't see all its arms and legs lol.

Good luck to you ladies!

Puggyflump - I hope it's nothing serious :hugs:

I was nervous, even scared before my 3 scans. The first 2 I was worried they wouldnt find a heartbeat and at the 20 week scan I was worried something would be wrong but it was fine, just try to relax :)

after I wanted to kick myself for being so worried over nothing x

Mine was friday just gone and I was scared too. Most times baby is perfectly healthy though, its hard not to worry.
But I'm sure all is fine ! :)
There is no worry like a mothers worry x

Me too... My husband didn't want it done but my sis who's a doctor insisted that we do go ahead with it... Moreover everyone who had it highly recommend it and so I convinced hubby to relax and let it happen... Have faith in God... All's gonna be just perfect In sha Allah

Fashion queen - do you think? Do you think they would of told me if they noticed something? When the screen was pointed at me it started waving but I didn't see all its arms and legs lol.

Good luck to you ladies!

Puggyflump - I hope it's nothing serious :hugs:

Yes definitely.

If you look on your notes mine has the sonographers notes taped in the back & she's put that everything looks normal. You could tell then for sure if an entire limb was missing.

Thankyou that was one of my biggest fears! I feel slightly better now x

My 20 week scan is on Tuesday and I'm petrified. I came on the forum to post about it when I saw this! Having had three early losses and then extremely unwell with this pregnancy I just feel something is going to be wrong, like I'm
Just not meant for this :( but I want my darling baby so badly xx

I think it's normal to have scan anxiety... I've had 5 scans now, and I'm terrified before every single one! You have an expectation of how you're little one is going to be... And perfect is of course what you want!

What's worse is that there's a lot of women on here, and unfortunately some of them will not be so lucky to have their little one exactly how they expected them to be... I think that increases everyone's anxiety to thinking 'what if it happens to me'... But 99.9% of those with that anxiety go on to have healthy little ones. Extreme health conditions are extremely rare.

You're young and healthy, you've been doing the right things during your pregnancy. Which reduces your chances even further... Try not to stress and think that you will deal with any problems if they arise :flower:

I've had 4 scans so far and been petrified before every single one of them. I have another one on friday as at my 20 week scan baby wouldn't cooperate when it came to checking her heart. But I just keep thinking is that code for something being wrong with her heart. So your not alone, we all worry. One of the many joys of mother hood lol xx

I have the same anxieties to be honest, probably more about the missing limb than something being seriously wrong with my child, but then I have a very strange phobia. For me my scan can't come quick enough and I want the all clear. Then again I've had a minor worrying ultrasound with DS and it turned out he had a club foot and the doctors there were making it out to be the end of the world. In the end it wasn't, we got the problem fixed shortly after he was born and did cause a lot of unnecessary worry. I'm hoping in the 7 years since I had last had an anomaly scan people are more aware of things and having some fixable compared to a life threatening illness. All though I have heard of stories where people have aborted children with club foot just as they weren't perfect enough.

I have mine 28th and i am starting to get nervous! Ive felt and seen baby moving but still worried

I have the same anxieties to be honest, probably more about the missing limb than something being seriously wrong with my child, but then I have a very strange phobia. For me my scan can't come quick enough and I want the all clear. Then again I've had a minor worrying ultrasound with DS and it turned out he had a club foot and the doctors there were making it out to be the end of the world. In the end it wasn't, we got the problem fixed shortly after he was born and did cause a lot of unnecessary worry. I'm hoping in the 7 years since I had last had an anomaly scan people are more aware of things and having some fixable compared to a life threatening illness. All though I have heard of stories where people have aborted children with club foot just as they weren't perfect enough.

I'm pro choice but I just find that crazy because what if that person had a baby and then in a few years god forbid they had an accident and lost a foot etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"