Scan at 5+1, yolk sac measuring ahead??

wlovew

Reaction score
I went to the ER last night after having some spotting with pretty intense cramping and while I was there they did an ultrasound. I was 5+1 and they saw a yolk sac measuring 5+5. I tracked my ovulation with FF to the T, so I know for sure I am not 5+5, and she didn't see anything other than the yolk sac. Is this normal/OK for the yolk sac to be a bit big???

Attachments

• yolksac1_10_15.jpg
    yolksac1_10_15.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 9
Can't see the harm?? It's just extra nutrients 😊 but I went to the ER at 6+3 and was measuring a week behind at 5+2, I'm not worried tho cause I micarried last month, and ovulated/implanted late this month. I didn't get my BFP till I was 4 days late. So I was expecting to be a week behind. But measuring at 5+2 they only saw the gestational sac and yolk sac

Totally normal only to see that this early! So I'm not worried that she didn't see more, it just surprised me when she measured the yolk sac at 5+5! I think you're right, couldn't hurt to be a little bigger! I love this website! It has really eased my mind through this really, really scary time!!!

https://www.babymed.com/hcg-level-in-early-pregnancy

Hi, I havent had a Scan at that Many weeks but have had one at 6weeks and all way there, I got put back 4 days to 6 weeks xx

It's not when you ovualted, the dates might be different because of when you implanted.

I couldn't have implanted very late, I got my first :bfp: at 10 DPO, when I was just 3+3! I don't know I will just have to be patisn't and see how it goes... I have to follow up with my OB today after the scariest weekend of my entire life!!!!

It's fine to be off. I was 3 days ahead with my 1st scan. Also, the ultrasound measurement has an error rate of +- 6 days either way...ahead or behind. It's not exact. I was high risk with my daughter and had a very nice OB who scanned me frequently. I was scanned every Tues from week 6 thru 13 and only once did I measure exactly 7 days from the last scan. I was either behind or ahead. By 3rd tri, baby measured 2 weeks ahead and her head measured 3 weeks ahead. My OB was never concerned. Congratulations and GL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->