scan at 6w3d was 2 days behind

elena626

Reaction score
To those who had an early scan: was your scan exacly the right measurement?
I'm sure I was 6w3d (all the ovulation signs were there: + opk, cm, temp went up the day afterwards, soft open cervix) but the scan showed that I was only 6w1d (baby measured 3.8mm). We heard the heart and it sounded kinda slow to me, also the yolk sac looks much smaller than the pics online. My obgyn said that everything is perfect, the heart is going to beat faster one of these days and that the smaller measurement can come from later implantation (although I do not get how this affects the size) and that I should not worry. But of course I am worried:wacko:

I had a scan at 7+2 but they measured me at 6+4, and like you I was certain as I temped, charted, opk the lot. But was told by the sonographer that at that stage even if it's 1mm out on the scan it can put u back a couple days, and that dating isn't accurate until the 12week scan. Also with the heartbeat they do start off low-ish because a hearts gotta start somewhere right? At 8 weeks my beans heartbeat was 130bpm, last night beans heartbeat was 161bpm.

Easier said than done Hun but try to relax :)

days out is nothing to worry about at all! My twins were 8+6 and 9+3 (at what i know was 9+1).... by 12+3 scan they were measuring ahead at 13+1 and 13+3. As PP says MM makes days of difference and scans always allow for 10% human error in measurments :thumbup:

If they measure a little bit off we are talking a ball point pen size it can take off days or add days on I wouldn't worry x

Not to worry! I read this early a week off is typical and not a reason for concern. Week 12 scan is most accurate. My 6 week scan measured 5.6, and when I asked the tech if that's normal she said absolutely yes and not to even think about it. Congrats!

I wouldn't worry hun. I had a scan at my 6 weeks. Baby was there, heartbeat etc but measuring more like 5.4 weeks. Another scan at 6+4 had me measuring around 6 weeks and today at my 7+4 baby is measuring 7+5! (First two were internal third today was abdo and abdo is meant to be less accurate) so I wouldn't worry or think on it too much hun. Here's mine to show the different

:flow:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 8
the same thing happened to me and the tech made a big deal about it. i was horrified and called my dr all upset. she said that measurements as this point can be 5-7 days off. baby is sooooo teeny that it is mega easy for them to be off by a few mm. you are barely off your dates.. baby is perfect. try your best not to worry!! next time you see baba it will be measuring perfect, i'm sure if it!!! <3

i was moved 3 days ahead at my 7/8ish week scan, i think at this stage everything is so small that things can be off, i think the 12 week one will give you exact dates

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"